Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:17 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Barely feel like playing my rogues anymore. Restore pickpocket to it's previous state as well. Not being able to pickpocket giants is an abomination.
Cecily abandoning rogues?! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That's so sad!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Kill MQs

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Planar Protector

MQs are confirmed classic as hell. Plenty of guilds list raid loot as saying "No Drop Piece to Guild Bank", which eventually got MQed. Found 2 or 3 mentions of it in my researching of the Druid epic stones.

What's not classic, is MQ sales. Atleast... Not with the prevalence found on this server.

You could ban MQ sales I suppose, like they did Character trading. But that may push some to try to sell/buy MQs via RMT.

Banning of MQ sales would be really interesting. I'm curious what would happen with people farming Ragefire. Would the hearts just get destroyed or would people MQ them for free. I don't think anything would stop Ragefire being farmed though.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

I'd be happy to be rid of item recharging and Soulfire clickable by anyone. Maybe having them was classic, but nerfing abused items was even more classic.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is allowing item recharging recreating the classic experience again? Should we just allow boxing too?
Raiding guilds were routinely recharging items even before Kunark. For example our monks always had Staff of Forbidden Rites to click from inventory and rez a cleric after each wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also had to pay a subscription for the accounts you wanted to box...
I doubt this is what kept a significant number of people from boxing. $15 was not that much even in 1999. Compared to the time to level a second character, the hardware investment (way back in 1999 classic before windowing was possible and we had to use 1 PC/account), the added deaths from not being able to run away on 2-3 different chars, the effort to play different classes and so on, that $15 was insignificant. (Wasn't EQ $9.99 early on? Or am I thinking of UO?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People come up with any excuse to box... What is with you antisocial, greedy bastards? You don't want to share loot so you wanna build your own group to beat content all by yourself? It isn't necessary to play the game!
Un-botted boxing is a convenience / flexibility factor. Filling in a necessary class for your group when you can't find a replacement. Porting or buffing yourself. Selling in EC while you're grouping on your main.

The advent of MQ is when the 4+ boxing started. That's when you had people running their own group. And MQ (or even AHK) is against the rules here anyway.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Red has no recharging
Old 07-23-2014, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red has no recharging
Red is also not a classic server.

And the subscription fee was $9.89 to start (cause 989 Studios).
Old 07-23-2014, 01:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
MQs are confirmed classic as hell. Plenty of guilds list raid loot as saying "No Drop Piece to Guild Bank", which eventually got MQed.
I can confirm I bought several JBoot MQs after they were changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's not classic, is MQ sales. Atleast... Not with the prevalence found on this server.
Not the epic MQs, but for example our guild had this one druid who was camping the JBoot ring for what had to have been every waking moment after the change. He sold MQs to most of our guild and I imagine a lot of the wider server population too.

I'm sure if the time spent in classic+kunark had been this long on live, MQ epics would have been very common there. I mean what do you do when you killed every raid boss and you already have epics for everyone and their alts' alts.

You could ban MQ sales I suppose, like they did Character trading. But that may push some to try to sell/buy MQs via RMT.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Yea Id rather see MQ go bye bye than anything else that is considered classic. It's just too much.

I mean since we're talking classic not classic here.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sorry, Niron, but your logic is flawed. Something was possible in classic, just not widely known. Therefore, it should not be possible here.

I mean, shoot, with that logic, game players shouldn't be allowed use Wikis.

Finding out cool tricks that people didn't know about on old games was one of the coolest things about playing games. However, obviously with time, tricks become known to the general majority. Even if we are going off a classic timeline of when these tricks are more widely known, they should have become widely known some time in 2012 based on real time. Creating an environment in which tricks are "removed" due to being known by a wider audience actually removes "classic" mechanics and alters the game from what it is supposed to be.

/opinion
Closed Thread