Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
even you can come up with someone that deserves to have their gear cockblocked?
too bad tho, sit there and say "GG" while he gets his gear and carries on with the bindrush... its called playing nice
If he is carrying on with the bindrush he would then be breaking the rules. The new rules have prohibited him from doing the bindrushing. I was just giving an example of 1 person I know that PnP has altered their playstyle, but I don't feel bad for that person.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

I came here for guild vs guild pvp for raid targets. Not really ashamed to admit it. The leveling pvp does nothing for me. I play to raid and pvp just makes raiding a little more fun to me. If there were no raid targets and it was just a pvp server, well I do believe it would not even exist except for maybe flowers of happiness.

I have family, friends and job commitments that really do not allow me to sit on a cr in say guk or seb for hours trying to recover a corpse nor do I find any satisfaction forcing someone else to waste thier time to do so. In 1999 hell yea! In 2014, not so much.

We all have our own reasons for playing a pvp server. It's not always just to see some yellow text pop across the screen to get "pras'd" by people you would never talk to on the street if you met them. Play style does say a little bit about each one of us. Always going to have that kid with the magnifying glass burning ants.

Mine says bluebie! I'm pretty good with that. I think the majority of the people that play here feel the same way, whether you hear it from them or not.

And my friends, majority always wins.

Bullseye- Ranger God's Work
Godspeed- Bard God's Work
Old 01-08-2014, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I came here for guild vs guild pvp for raid targets. Not really ashamed to admit it. The leveling pvp does nothing for me. I play to raid and pvp just makes raiding a little more fun to me. If there were no raid targets and it was just a pvp server, well I do believe it would not even exist except for maybe flowers of happiness.

I have family, friends and job commitments that really do not allow me to sit on a cr in say guk or seb for hours trying to recover a corpse nor do I find any satisfaction forcing someone else to waste thier time to do so. In 1999 hell yea! In 2014, not so much.

We all have our own reasons for playing a pvp server. It's not always just to see some yellow text pop across the screen to get "pras'd" by people you would never talk to on the street if you met them. Play style does say a little bit about each one of us. Always going to have that kid with the magnifying glass burning ants.

Mine says bluebie! I'm pretty good with that. I think the majority of the people that play here feel the same way, whether you hear it from them or not.

Good post
Old 01-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is why I rolled a red character.

Well put. I view pvp as a means of resolving conflicts. I will and would have always honoured loot and scoot even allowing pve in the same zone once complete.

Might be that I'm a bluebie though. Still need some lessons in pvp and maybe some thicker skin.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why I rolled a red character.

Well put. I view pvp as a means of resolving conflicts. I will and would have always honoured loot and scoot even allowing pve in the same zone once complete.

Might be that I'm a bluebie though. Still need some lessons in pvp and maybe some thicker skin.
Sure beats poop socking and standing in line on blue. I don't know how people can put up with PvE on blue with those rules and am surprised there is such a gap in populations.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure beats poop socking and standing in line on blue. I don't know how people can put up with PvE on blue with those rules and am surprised there is such a gap in populations.
Because there's only 300 raiders on blue and 800 people like Chewie that give 0 shits and rather run around playing everquest anyway they want because that's what MMO means...
Old 01-08-2014, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because there's only 300 raiders on blue and 800 people like Chewie that give 0 shits and rather run around playing everquest anyway they want because that's what MMO means...
What you just wrote doesn't make sense as an argument against what I posted. I was just saying blue restricts you and I am surprised more people interested in PvE don't role on red for the freedom.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned

Agreed
Old 01-08-2014, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Dretti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure I understand what this means.

I assume you're saying Chewie can run around and pk people because it's an mmo and, you know what? you're right! This is obviously fun for him and I don't blame him. It's the reason lots of people play pvp.

The thing is, being corpse camped for hours on end is not fun at all. At the end of the day this is still a game and the devs have a vision for what the server is supposed to look like. I assume the vision is of mass pvp, guild pvp, 1v1, 2v1 etc... All the things you sees regularly today minus the bullshit people do to make someone gaming session much shittier.

Boils down to being a reasonable person. Are you?

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Last edited by Yumyums Inmahtumtums; 01-08-2014 at 01:20 PM.. Reason: Autocorrect makin me look tarded
Old 01-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure I understand what this means.

I assume you're saying Chewie can run around and pk people because it's an mmo and, you know what? you're right! This is obviously fun for him and I don't blame him. It's the reason lots of people play pvp.

The thing is, being corpse camped for hours on end is not fun at all. At the end of the day this is still a game and the devs have a vision for what the server is supposed to look like. I assume the vision is of mass pvp, guild pvp, 1v1, 2v1 etc... All the things you sees regularly today minus the bullshit people do to make someone gaming session much shittier.

Boils down to being a reasonable person. Are you?
corpse camping never happened be4 or after the rules

by me, or anyone