Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Aviak

Default EQ live is a lot easier today than 2013

When I made a toon in 2013, I started in Gloomingdeep tutorial, I remember it was not hard but it was a little challenge compared to World of Warcraft and other games. I died a few times by Kobold adds and other little mistakes, I needed help of other players (im not a boxer) for the the spider queen and the big last boss of gloomingdeep(i dont remember its name right now), in fact those quests are called "(group)" near their names.

I have made a new toon yesterday, again started in Gloomingdeep, now you say "hail" to some toon in the revolt camp and you receive an item to cast 5 min sow... Killing stuff is a lot easier and faster than i remember, you can kill yellows like if they are blue, I killed alone the spider queen, it was yellow, I didnt care any add while runing trough groups of kobolds... it became much easier, and much more boring...
Last edited by rotenvok; 03-21-2017 at 12:01 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

They are giving away 85 heroic characters away to everyone this month as well...
Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by entruil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are giving away 85 heroic characters away to everyone this month as well...
It seems like a lot of people are having trouble activating the heroic characters. I managed to get one. I made an 85 Wizard and immediately went scouring Kunark/Velious looking for something to Mana Burn. No Wuoshi. No golems or CT in fear. No Gore. Finally found VS up and... Mana Burn resisted? Wtf. He was highly resistant to all of my spells, even at level 85. I eventually killed him. Solo. With adds. Dropped the gnarled staff. Sweet. Now I have to determine whether or not I'm interested in trying to finish the rest of my epic solo.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:43 PM
Sarnak

Although i havent played much at all, the lvl 70+ game is pretty good and tons of content. Even with quality of life improvements the slow grind and brutal tone of eq was still there. I don't know what expansion I was playing so I don't know if every era of eq feels that way but I was pretty satisfied.

They completely trivialized 1-60 and with the free tank merc you literally don't have to do anything at all and your merc will kill reds with 100% health up to level 60 for you. I don't blame them though, as nobody is playing the normal live servers for the classic content. The progression servers are for that.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like a lot of people are having trouble activating the heroic characters.
I thought it was going to be trouble until I seen you had to log into a server to claim it... my bet would be most people get to chr select and have no heroics available and don't log in and then check...

good posts guys... the 85+ game felt pretty similar to a Raid Addicts rendition of EQ and thus the insta gib high numbers from a disgruntled forced noob were a turn off... but i admittedly didn't really go in unbias'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mana Burn resisted? Wtf. He was highly resistant to all of my spells, even at level 85. I eventually killed him. Solo. With adds.
whole lot of unsaid with that... quoted for posterity and inflexion... It's Broke. I Broke It.
Last edited by entruil; 03-22-2017 at 09:20 PM.. Reason: didn't edit but realized I said "and thus" rofl... dammiR ahld...
Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 PM
Banned

if u logged into eqlive since 2006 and ever attempted logging in again, your part of the problem
Old 03-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjerry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if u logged into eqlive since 2006 and ever attempted logging in again, your part of the problem
I am part of the problem. I did log into my old accounts. I don't agree with your statement.
Last edited by entruil; 03-29-2017 at 09:38 PM.. Reason: thouthouthouthou
Old 03-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

Live can be fun, but only in small doses. No satisfaction. I play it with my 8 year old kid when it is raining outside. We can kill anything around our level with mercenaries that heal us and nuke the MOB. No challenge what so ever below level 85 from what I understand.

We are only level 26 so I don't really know.