Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Banned

Red99 is a hypered race to gear - simple as that.
With a few items held sacred. (Sow swords,pd robes, vuulak lewt etc)

You could literally level and gear a toon better than 95% of toons on blue in 3 months from scratch if you joined the current raiding guild. That's why the concept of gearing is broke on red99 and it turns into an addiction. 97/100 people are there for this reason (myself being one, I enjoyed seeing content I never got to see)....and you end up with 3-4-5 geared toons.

PvP comes probably in about 3rd for reasons people play:

1. Easy to gear
2. Easy to level
3. Pvp
Old 03-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Banned

I actually don't know how people are still raiding velious tbh. Shit was so fucking boring after the first few months.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Pvp shouldn't be the 3rd reason out of 3 to play. And sorry farzo is right but it's because the type of player that red attracted. Guys who don't care if there 0-100 just want to be drones and loot up.

The guy just admitted what none of you do you're here for items. I was here to get items to run you off the server, but got runned off by item whores. If that makes any sense...
Old 03-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Kobold

I tried to breathe fresh life into the server. Didn't work. Good luck.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried to breathe fresh life into the server. Didn't work. Good luck.
follow the link and show your support

Can you imagine if the community indicates a willingness to donate, say 3k USD, that they just let it go to waste?

the money is there up for grabs, all they gotta do is copy-paste a new red server (r17) and restart time-line

no CSR staff, no moderation, no nothing required

if it takes 2 people 2 days of work to set it up, that is still 100 USD per hour, thats decent

all they need do is set up the fundraiser campaign, set the goal to XXXX USD and watch the support pour in
Old 03-09-2017, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

send all donations to doctorjeff@paypal.com
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerkelMacron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
follow the link and show your support

Can you imagine if the community indicates a willingness to donate, say 3k USD, that they just let it go to waste?

the money is there up for grabs, all they gotta do is copy-paste a new red server (r17) and restart time-line

no CSR staff, no moderation, no nothing required

if it takes 2 people 2 days of work to set it up, that is still 100 USD per hour, thats decent

all they need do is set up the fundraiser campaign, set the goal to XXXX USD and watch the support pour in
While I support your enthusiasm and also want to see red get the development attention it needs I think you're going about this the wrong way. There are very real and legal/contractual reasons why we cannot essentially purchase a product from rogean and Co, nor can we necessarily donate to get what we want.

What needs to be demonstrated is that there is a large and interested community of about 300 people who want a red server option that perhaps do not current play at all. That is misconception number 1, that red failed because nobody wants it. The second misconception that needs addressed is the meme that a red failed exclusively due to community toxicity and not due to developmental sabotage at worst or neglect at best.

No dialog with staff or the blue community will be productive until these can be established.

With that said I sincerely doubt we will be the a new red server, due to whatever obligations the staff has to daybreak games, at the moment the best can we do is lobby for a reboot or augmentation of the existing server.
Last edited by Squire; 03-09-2017 at 12:20 PM..
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I support your enthusiasm and also want to see red get the development attention it needs I think you're going about this the wrong way. There are very real and legal/contractual reasons why we cannot essentially purchase a product from rogean and Co, nor can we necessarily donate to get what we want.

What needs to be demonstrated is that there is a large and interested community of about 300 people who want a red server option that perhaps do not current play at all. That is misconception number 1, that red failed because nobody wants it. The second misconception that needs addressed is the meme that a red failed exclusively due to community toxicity and not due to developmental sabotage at worst or neglect at best.

No dialog with staff or the blue community will be productive until these can be established.

With that said I sincerely doubt we will be the a new red server, due to whatever obligations the staff has to daybreak games, at the moment the best can we do is lobby for a reboot or augmentation of the existing server.
Daybreak has stopped Rogean from creating new servers.

The only way to create new servers is if someone else did it and Rogean was nice enough to share his code.

If Rogean shared his code and other servers opened he would lose a lot of people and it would damage his ego. I truly believe he would rather Project 1999 be mediocre than allow other servers to open and be successful.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Don't you realize that less than 1/7th of the population played on PvP servers on live? The numbers are pretty similar on p99 for the same reasons.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafakka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't you realize that less than 1/7th of the population played on PvP servers on live? The numbers are pretty similar on p99 for the same reasons.

Nobody is suggesting the pvp population would be as robust as Blue but it's evident that things like experience rate, pvp level range, etc have had dramatic impact on population size.
Closed Thread