Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 07:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this isn't facebook, bruv
certifying this dunk
Old 03-24-2017, 08:10 AM
Planar Protector

They still trolling eachother on the Pong forums
Old 03-24-2017, 02:03 PM
Banned

Pretty sure this is Stanley Milgram's experiments on obedience in (1963). It was designed to make people think they were punishing someone for answering questions wrong. The idea is it should have become clear that they were slowly killing this guy they could hear on the other side of a wall (but couldn't see). 2/3 kept shocking the guy till he was dead (or acted like he was killed).

During the experiment, they would look concerned and turn and ask "what the hell" -- but the dr. would just say "the experiment requires you continue." That was good for most, some would clarify: "you accept the responsibility?" and the dr. would say yes.

This was done to see how people in Nazi Germany could do the shit they did. Well it turns out about 2/3 are fucking sheep that will do anything an authority figure tells you you have to. But there were some guys didn't respond well at all, like an ex military guy that after the 2nd shock or so was like "what do you mean I have to continue -- no I don't!"
Old 03-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure this is Stanley Milgram's experiments on obedience in (1963). It was designed to make people think they were punishing someone for answering questions wrong. The idea is it should have become clear that they were slowly killing this guy they could hear on the other side of a wall (but couldn't see). 2/3 kept shocking the guy till he was dead (or acted like he was killed).

During the experiment, they would look concerned and turn and ask "what the hell" -- but the dr. would just say "the experiment requires you continue." That was good for most, some would clarify: "you accept the responsibility?" and the dr. would say yes.

This was done to see how people in Nazi Germany could do the shit they did. Well it turns out about 2/3 are fucking sheep that will do anything an authority figure tells you you have to. But there were some guys didn't respond well at all, like an ex military guy that after the 2nd shock or so was like "what do you mean I have to continue -- no I don't!"
why is pong on the screen doe. r u alleging a gif shooping?

the reddit post could be cia project to test viability/believability of video editing techniques for stalinist historical revisionism. whoever did the shoop getting some nice congratulatory brony memes emailed to him by his handler and cc'd to coworkers this week. or maybe a good guy Brian or w/e that says like "creates dank meme" on top "defends the republic" on bottom.

more woke than expected outta you kid.
Last edited by bigjerry; 03-24-2017 at 02:30 PM..
Old 03-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Banned

I first I was thinking "that looks exactly like them!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek4pWJ0_XNo

Then I realized middle aged guys just look like that in the early 60s. So it was probably just pong.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Fire Giant

maybe it both (0.0; )
Closed Thread