Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why it's so important that we revert red 99 to full classic era status with proper classic replica rallos zek ruleset.
This with hardcoded teams. Sold.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This with hardcoded teams. Sold.
How would hardcoded teams mean anything when you can make unlimited accounts for free?
Old 03-19-2017, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

IP
Old 03-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IP
my external ip changes by itself every day...
Old 03-19-2017, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Can't wait for the fee account give away. I have like 6 blue fake forum accounts waiting to make new to red threads that I can use to scam an account.

Will be deleting the second I log in.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

The point of hardcoding is to prevent people from grouping/guilding/buffing/healing players on opposing teams - not to restrict you at the account level from creating characters on different teams.
Last edited by Sear; 03-20-2017 at 01:27 AM..
Old 03-20-2017, 10:09 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Retticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point of hardcoding is to prevent people from grouping/guilding/buffing/healing players on opposing teams - not to restrict you at the account level from creating characters on different teams.
Not feasible with this project team
Old 03-27-2017, 01:25 AM
Planar Protector

Blue 99 max level 60 mac all/all bis players would probably love going to luclin and beyond, but p99 isn't about that. You can enjoy that on a live server.

I get more classic every day. I used to be all about velious as end game eq and still am but seeing red99 I think pure classic is the peak of the game balance and fun wise.

But yeah I'm talking about the peak of good eq. You can find tons of interesting content literally in every other game. I'm talking about when the world as a whole was richest and I think it was during classic era when all the quests and items found in the vast majority of norraths zones were decent. When a minotaur axe was okay.

When the ssoy goes from being one of the best weapons in game to be done fodder you know thingd are messed up. Once kunark launches a guy is pretty much best off leveling there from 0 to 60 besides some miscellaneous vendor junk that might simply not be on kunark.

Yeah so I like classic.

And no way to really make teams any good with this game these devs and this pop . I don't think teams were ever good in eq.

Actually you guys that want more content may like shards of dalaya I haven't played there since like 10 years ago when I heard about p99 and the remotest possibility of r99 but it was a cool setup with interesting custom content. I'm not sure how messed up they are these days or what crazy nonsense expansion is going on but you might like it

The problem with all of the expansions is that they were just bolted on totally haphazardly to original game. I go to like the most important NPC in the main guild head quarters for my class and every single quest and piece of content he has for me is for meaningless junk that is totally irrelevant due to whatever era I am in outside of classic.

As a result the later game just makes the main part of the game feel more and more empty since it is more and more irrelevant. All the NPC's are just there for no reason doing nothing. All the trade skills are just there for no reason only occasionally torturing people for some questions that requires a component.

The game needed to be filled in and grown but instead they threw a new continent on the old game and left all the old content for dead.

This is because they began to focus on retaining all the psychos who made it to level 50 and then 60

And that same focus on end game nonsense is what keeps red 99 crappy.

Level 1-59 is where the game is and the fun must be had. Level 60 is where the game ends. There is no stopping that. By ignoring the main part of the game you keep anyone from wanting to play.

If all there is to do is rush to 60 and then hope you start getting good loot from dkp in some corrupt guild or another, you're just not going to log on.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:31 AM
Planar Protector

So yeah best server would be classic game content with eventual custom content to fill in all the cracks and make the world a little more alive.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue 99 max level 60 mac all/all bis players would probably love going to luclin and beyond, but p99 isn't about that. You can enjoy that on a live server.

I get more classic every day. I used to be all about velious as end game eq and still am but seeing red99 I think pure classic is the peak of the game balance and fun wise.

But yeah I'm talking about the peak of good eq. You can find tons of interesting content literally in every other game. I'm talking about when the world as a whole was richest and I think it was during classic era when all the quests and items found in the vast majority of norraths zones were decent. When a minotaur axe was okay.

When the ssoy goes from being one of the best weapons in game to be done fodder you know thingd are messed up. Once kunark launches a guy is pretty much best off leveling there from 0 to 60 besides some miscellaneous vendor junk that might simply not be on kunark.

Yeah so I like classic.

And no way to really make teams any good with this game these devs and this pop . I don't think teams were ever good in eq.

Actually you guys that want more content may like shards of dalaya I haven't played there since like 10 years ago when I heard about p99 and the remotest possibility of r99 but it was a cool setup with interesting custom content. I'm not sure how messed up they are these days or what crazy nonsense expansion is going on but you might like it

The problem with all of the expansions is that they were just bolted on totally haphazardly to original game. I go to like the most important NPC in the main guild head quarters for my class and every single quest and piece of content he has for me is for meaningless junk that is totally irrelevant due to whatever era I am in outside of classic.

As a result the later game just makes the main part of the game feel more and more empty since it is more and more irrelevant. All the NPC's are just there for no reason doing nothing. All the trade skills are just there for no reason only occasionally torturing people for some questions that requires a component.

The game needed to be filled in and grown but instead they threw a new continent on the old game and left all the old content for dead.

This is because they began to focus on retaining all the psychos who made it to level 50 and then 60

And that same focus on end game nonsense is what keeps red 99 crappy.

Level 1-59 is where the game is and the fun must be had. Level 60 is where the game ends. There is no stopping that. By ignoring the main part of the game you keep anyone from wanting to play.

If all there is to do is rush to 60 and then hope you start getting good loot from dkp in some corrupt guild or another, you're just not going to log on.
drugs

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread