Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, pets have been considered a risk for trains. This leads to very stupid grey areas. Someone needs to be able to quickly access logs related to an NPC being agro. If someone sends their pet after you, doesn't call it back and you FD a mob on it... well you have screwed up as the pet owner imo.
I think most pet users themselves would agree.

I was with a mage when we were attacked by a druid. The druid ran the mage's pet through a griffin and when the griffin came back and wasted the mage, he said, "damn, noob mistake." There was no thought in our minds about petitioning it.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

I think the test of whether it's a train should be whether you had aggro on the mobs at some point.

This means:

-fearing someone's mob is considered training
-charming a mob, attacking someone with it, and zoning right away is considered training

-fearing a player's pet is NOT considered training
-rooting a player mid-kite is NOT considered training
-aggroing a pet and running behind a KOS mob is NOT considered training

Are we all okay with this?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Banned

fearing pets/mobs was always a tactic, just like when someone charms something and their opponent dispels the pet causing charm to break and the pet to attack the owner.

this type of stupid crap is why we need clearly defined and explained rules now, and said rules needs to be limited to "dont hack"
Old 12-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

I don't even know what to say anymore bluebies thinking new pvp server = new server

what i mean is stop spamming petition queue over every little thing you're going to get griefed anyways it doesnt matter how it is done
Last edited by Truth; 12-05-2011 at 01:52 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the test of whether it's a train should be whether you had aggro on the mobs at some point.

This means:

-fearing someone's mob is considered training
-charming a mob, attacking someone with it, and zoning right away is considered training

-fearing a player's pet is NOT considered training
-rooting a player mid-kite is NOT considered training
-aggroing a pet and running behind a KOS mob is NOT considered training

Are we all okay with this?
This does make a lot of sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fearing pets/mobs was always a tactic, just like when someone charms something and their opponent dispels the pet causing charm to break and the pet to attack the owner.

this type of stupid crap is why we need clearly defined and explained rules now, and said rules needs to be limited to "dont hack"
Always since when? On Vallon Zek if you feared NPCs people were engaged in like this it would be against the rules. And some people did face punishment for it, the few times they were caught.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

Charming mobs and zoning = NOT training
Fearing mobs ppl engaged = NOT training
Faaring pets = NOT training..

crap.. do we gotta bring back the wambulance?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's apart of the game, it's a red server, stop whining.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Banned

always since always, nobody gives a shit what you pretend happened on vallon zek in various threads. vallon and tallon zek were hardly even able to be considered pvp servers anyway.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Kobold

I have a great idea. If someone does something like train you, how about you do something like.. I don’t know.. kill them repeatedly until they lose so much exp they send you a rage tell? Mission accomplished and you get some lulz. Better yet, do some recon work and find out when they are doing something like camping an item for a long period of time and then go ruin their fun repeatedly after they have been there for hours.
Last edited by Grento; 12-05-2011 at 02:13 PM..
Old 12-05-2011, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charming mobs and zoning = NOT training
Fearing mobs ppl engaged = NOT training
Faaring pets = NOT training..

crap.. do we gotta bring back the wambulance?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's apart of the game, it's a red server, stop whining.
No one's whining except you and the two or three other people who insist that training should be legal every single time the issue is brought up. Just because it's sometimes hard to catch and its definition is sometimes nebulous is no reason we should make it entirely legal.

All I've done is come up with very simple rules about what's considered training and what isn't. No one has to agree with them, but I think it does conform to many people's intuition on what constitutes training. I'm trying to help out the staff who maybe don't have a clear idea on what training is. Since they're never going to legalize training, you should actually contribute to clarifying what training is, like I'm trying to do.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssleeve [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, currently suspended.

Without warning as well, I would be careful with even bard rooting and other mob involved activities.

I would like to know if rooting a bard kiting mobs is considered an offense. Since this is a guaranteed way to cause 9% xp loss, it seems even worse than training.
Closed Thread