Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If she posted it... there doesn't look like there is any favoritism going on for one.

Second, people who are going to engage targets and see TMO roll up actually would have to be prepared to be leapfrogged or trained instead of not...considering they thought they were suspended.

Besides as is shown without the knowledge of knowing think of how many petitions could have been avoided on top of the amount they already complain about getting had it been made public... it is quite obvious people would rather trust a professional public statement by someone who is suppose to be in charge rather than players who have provided problems in the past for others.

+1 for better communication between GM's and players
Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 PM
Aviak

If she made it public earlier the flame would still be on her, it would just be directed differently.

Perhaps she was trying to stay the storm a bit. Sure hindsight says, there is no way a storm could have possibly be negated, but if we give the benefit of the doubt, perhaps she was just trying to hold it off for a bit longer so she didn't have to sit in tell-hell for the last few hours of her night.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Banned

if she truly wanted to avoid tell spam or flame wars then she wouldn't have done it at all, making it a secret instead of public just makes it 10x worse because then it is like a piece of bloody meat in a pool of piranha's... people going nuts wondering whether it is legitimate truth or not.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

I think keeping the lifting of TMO's suspension secret was pretty unfair to the whole server. I generally think that whatever the GM's decide is fair, because I never know all the information, but when they tell a guild that their suspension has been lifted, but tell it to nobody else, that makes that guild privy to some pretty important raid scene information that will affect about a quarter of this server's population.

I'm not saying TMO did anything wrong and I'm not calling favoritism because I'm sure Amelinda has her reasons for wanting to keep it secret, but I do believe that the integrity of the server as a whole is at stake when GM's are sharing information that give an advantage in the end-game with one group of players and not another.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Writ3r [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if she truly wanted to avoid tell spam or flame wars then she wouldn't have done it at all, making it a secret instead of public just makes it 10x worse because then it is like a piece of bloody meat in a pool of piranha's... people going nuts wondering whether it is legitimate truth or not.
People make mistakes. It happens.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think keeping the lifting of TMO's suspension secret was pretty unfair to the whole server. I generally think that whatever the GM's decide is fair, because I never know all the information, but when they tell a guild that their suspension has been lifted, but tell it to nobody else, that makes that guild privy to some pretty important raid scene information that will affect about a quarter of this server's population.

I'm not saying TMO did anything wrong and I'm not calling favoritism because I'm sure Amelinda has her reasons for wanting to keep it secret, but I do believe that the integrity of the server as a whole is at stake when GM's are sharing information that give an advantage in the end-game with one group of players and not another.
aye, Raid suspensions are an advantage.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Really has nothing to do with any favoritism to anyone.

The active trolling, inhumane acts in raid zones, and competition turned to griefing is ruining the raid scene here.

Anonymous forum accounts need to not be anonymous, the general set of raid rules aren't being followed. So I am done here. Enjoy your game, and enjoy making it worse, and killing off the population.

I appreciate there being a hard working group of volunteers that try to do police work here, but it isn't working (at least end game). What I care about is end game, so others may find a home here that don't care about that.

I think the CSR team needs a bulldog to intelligibly enforce rules, which isn't happening. Until that happens I won't be playing here.

Good bye p99.

Vazdeline 60 mage IB
Old 02-23-2012, 05:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razdeline [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really has nothing to do with any favoritism to anyone.

The active trolling, inhumane acts in raid zones, and competition turned to griefing is ruining the raid scene here.

Anonymous forum accounts need to not be anonymous, the general set of raid rules aren't being followed. So I am done here. Enjoy your game, and enjoy making it worse, and killing off the population.

I appreciate there being a hard working group of volunteers that try to do police work here, but it isn't working (at least end game). What I care about is end game, so others may find a home here that don't care about that.

I think the CSR team needs a bulldog to intelligibly enforce rules, which isn't happening. Until that happens, I won't be playing here.

Good bye p99.

Vazdeline 60 mage IB
Old 02-23-2012, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

so nice, he said it twice.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so nice, he said it twice.
Things that have happened between both guilds are reactions caused from actions. Both sides have done wrong things, and I really hope you guys can consider making right choices.

It always seems easy to do the wrong thing, but hard to do the right. The whole scene in the past year has become progressively worse.
Closed Thread