Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Sarnak

Default Multiple bolts

Thanks for adding the missile animation [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But there is a bug: if you cast a new bolt while the previous one is still in the air, the first one will never hit
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 11-15-2010, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Update: the bug is actually worse than what I initially thought: any new spell cast will "cancel" the bolt.
Kaska, Phantasmist <Divinity>
Fuam, Druid 57 <Divinity>
Willo, Cleric 54 <Divinity>
Old 11-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Aviak

I was actually looking to see if the missile animation was intentional. Was it like that on live? Because I don't remember seeing it.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Kobold

I remember seeing what I thought were comets flying over the N Ro zone, so yes, it was on Live :-)
Old 11-15-2010, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Didn't it also fail if it passed through players / the ground before reaching its target?

Formerly:
Imagin Uhaveclarity - Level 67 Gnome Enchanter, Innoruuk (Shortly after Kunark to a couple months before Luclin, back again around LDON through OOW)
Tegeril Whitewolf - Level 52 Wood Elf Druid, Innoruuk (Opening of Innoruuk - half of Kunark)
Old 11-15-2010, 01:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You would have to be facing your target to begin casting, if you had any terrain in the way of the bolt it would fail, but you also had the random chance it would hit the target twice for some unknown Z-axis reason.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madigan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was actually looking to see if the missile animation was intentional. Was it like that on live? Because I don't remember seeing it.
This is how it looked on live.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bolts are a work in progress. I don't think the spell particle is correct yet.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:08 PM
Kobold

Aye, I swear they had a trail after them.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Project Manager

I played a mage a good bit on live. Here's what I remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't it also fail if it passed through players / the ground before reaching its target?
Originally bolts didn't even require a target. You could face a direction, and cast. From what I recall it would even hit npcs that moved in its path, thus creating aggro that wasn't your original intent. Also, if it was chasing an npc target, if one got in its path, it would hit it and never reach your intended target. If following a target, it would go on forever until it hit something, including its targets corpse, if they died before it got to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakriss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would have to be facing your target to begin casting, if you had any terrain in the way of the bolt it would fail, but you also had the random chance it would hit the target twice for some unknown Z-axis reason.
I think it did need some type of conic radius to start chasing a target. As in you couldn't be facing opposite your target, but you also didn't need to be lined up exactly with them. I remember the Z axis double nuke as well. If levitating, and very close to the target, it would sometimes hit twice.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Originally bolts didn't even require a target. You could face a direction, and cast. From what I recall it would even hit npcs that moved in its path, thus creating aggro that wasn't your original intent. Also, if it was chasing an npc target, if one got in its path, it would hit it and never reach your intended target. If following a target, it would go on forever until it hit something, including its targets corpse, if they died before it got to them.
That's ringing a bell - didn't arrows also act like that? I'm sure I remember as a baby ranger in GFay missing a bat and hitting a guard instead.

Might just be old age playing tricks with my memory :-)