Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Aviak

Default Tooltips have stopped working

So normally when I inspect someone or loot a kill I can hover over an object with my mouse and a tooltip pops up telling me what said item is. After last night this has ceased to be. Oddly enough when I tell others about this they tell me its working fine for them.

Truthfully it isn't a huge, huge deal but it is rather annoying especially when I'm doing quests or trying to do something quickly. Any ideas?
Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Skeleton

Happened to me too. Also annoying when you can't find out how long a buff timer is.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Happened to me too. A.lso annoying when you can't find out how long a buff timer is.
yeah this is the big one or really when a mob casts on you. I mean i guess its more exciting not knowing when this dot is going to drop and I'm 20% but I'd really rather it work properly again.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:55 PM
Skeleton

Let me know if you find a fix for this.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Aviak

Well it hasn't magically corrected itself sadly. I ask people about it in game and they don't seem to be experiencing the same issue.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:29 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm having what sounds like the same issue. Started just the other day, hasn't fixed itself yet.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Fire Giant

Have you rebooted recently?

I believe this is an issue with Windows rather than EverQuest. If you leave your PC on for a long period of time the system no longer will run the popups (if I remember correctly its something to do with 32 bit number in seconds or some such). Its an old bug that still pops up now and again.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe this is an issue with Windows rather than EverQuest. If you leave your PC on for a long period of time the system no longer will run the popups (if I remember correctly its something to do with 32 bit number in seconds or some such). Its an old bug that still pops up now and again.
Gonna try this. My comp has been on a long ass time if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Maybe cause I use a 64bit OS, but 23 days hasn't broke it yet.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Aviak

Happened to me 2x.. reboot.. fixed.