Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

I swear I don't understand that comic.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 07-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Sarnak

Everyone remember a card named justice? I used to play, but I was never good. I won a small tourney because of that card and got called lucky [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2013, 03:09 PM
Sarnak

TL;DR of this thread
Magic
No, Anime
No way, Anime is cool, Magic is for nerds
Naa Anime is for nerds, Magic is normal.
Pickle Ball
Uhh, wrong, Nerds play Magic, normal people like Anime
Wait wait what? I like Anime and I am a nerd, but I don't like Magic therefor Anime = nerds.
Huh? No wai, I saw a nerd playing Magic once and I saw a hot cosplayer at an Anime convention so no wai Anime is for nerds, hot chicks man!
I remember being good at magic, and my mom said I was cool.
Nerd

Old 07-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

I'm still mad I scrubbed out of the 1998 pro tour qualifier. I played the guy that won first round and it was a 100% mirror matchup except I mainboarded scryb sprites X4 and he had hammer head sharks X4 and ate me alive.

More like scrub sprites. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

i like both magic and anime but have you guys ever heard me mention it outside of the context of a conversation about it? rarely if ever. maybe if i was excited about a particular thing I saw?

there is a world of difference between ^ and being otaku like abakabotog or someone who has ever been to something like a MTG tournament with "thousands" of people. *shudder*
Old 07-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like both magic and anime but have you guys ever heard me mention it outside of the context of a conversation about it? rarely if ever. maybe if i was excited about a particular thing I saw?

there is a world of difference between ^ and being otaku like abakabotog or someone who has ever been to something like a MTG tournament with "thousands" of people. *shudder*
wow, hbb is an anime faggot. who would of known.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlegyno 9.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow, hbb is an anime faggot. who would of known.
I like shit like ninja scroll, afro samurai (very new school for my tastes), appleseed, ghost in the shell (the first one), etc.. mostly-old-school, high quality, feature length anime not intended for tv's, but for movie screens with good sound systems. There is a world of difference both in scope and animation quality between these examples and whatever dozen shitty anime series otaku keep up with this month. This was some of the best shit around when I was a teenager. There weren't awesome movies on the internetz to download, dudebro, we made due with our VHS of AKIRA and we fucking liked it. That being said, I never argue with people who hate on anime because the VAST majority is utter shit. Series anime was better in the robotech days before women became vapid androids with over engorged genitals. I did like bleach somewhat, so maybe your critique does apply, but it is too repetitive to hold my interest for an entire arc, much less the rest of the series.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
androids
Meant in the sense of no discernable personality. Not referring to anime about androids, which might be perfectly acceptable.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I like shit like ninja scroll, afro samurai (very new school for my tastes), appleseed, ghost in the shell (the first one), etc.. mostly-old-school, high quality, feature length anime not intended for tv's, but for movie screens with good sound systems. There is a world of difference both in scope and animation quality between these examples and whatever dozen shitty anime series otaku keep up with this month. This was some of the best shit around when I was a teenager. There weren't awesome movies on the internetz to download, dudebro, we made due with our VHS of AKIRA and we fucking liked it. That being said, I never argue with people who hate on anime because the VAST majority is utter shit. Series anime was better in the robotech days before women became vapid androids with over engorged genitals. I did like bleach somewhat, so maybe your critique does apply, but it is too repetitive to hold my interest for an entire arc, much less the rest of the series.
Spergin' like a virgin, imo.
Closed Thread