Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 02:27 AM
Kobold

Default Shaman epic faction question

What faction do I need to be able to do the final turn in to get the epic?

I have read that I need max warmly faction. How would I know when I have reached that point? Would the NPC need to be conned ally?

What is the fool proof way to know if you have enough faction?

Thanks bros.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Once your next True Spirit faction hit says "your standing cannot possibly get any better with Truespirit"

Then you are maxed.

The reason people in classic didn't faction jump is because that message wasn't a part of classic and they all just did the full quest to guarantee their max faction.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:53 AM
Sarnak

Good way to max faction rather quickly...

You and a druid porter bind in the sewer in Freeport, where the barbarian is that you turn the gem in to.

In BB, the spirit you get the gem from, pull the gnome that spawns him to the rings. Hail him and gate. Turn in the gem. Druid should already be casting BB port. Load BB hall the spirit hit your macro for the gem, gate. Barbarian will have pathed to his second point, go there, turn in.

Repeat. Third path spot for the turn in is the green panther building or whatever.

I've gotten 6 turn ins from one pull/hail sequence.

Takes about 65 if I remember. Should be about 3-4 hours if you're quick.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good way to max faction rather quickly...

You and a druid porter bind in the sewer in Freeport, where the barbarian is that you turn the gem in to.

In BB, the spirit you get the gem from, pull the gnome that spawns him to the rings. Hail him and gate. Turn in the gem. Druid should already be casting BB port. Load BB hall the spirit hit your macro for the gem, gate. Barbarian will have pathed to his second point, go there, turn in.

Repeat. Third path spot for the turn in is the green panther building or whatever.

I've gotten 6 turn ins from one pull/hail sequence.

Takes about 65 if I remember. Should be about 3-4 hours if you're quick.
For the gem? They must of changed the quest from last time I did the faction. Remembered that they were lore, and as you turned them in the quest guy would de-pop and respawn after 10minutes. Think I did 4 of the guys in rathe mountains, also hit the spirit while i was there every time, did another 10-15 spirits in BB, and probably 5-6 book turn ins from CoM and I was max
Old 10-31-2014, 09:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the gem? They must of changed the quest from last time I did the faction. Remembered that they were lore, and as you turned them in the quest guy would de-pop and respawn after 10minutes. Think I did 4 of the guys in rathe mountains, also hit the spirit while i was there every time, did another 10-15 spirits in BB, and probably 5-6 book turn ins from CoM and I was max
One of us is mistaken and I'm not sure who, lol.

For clarity, the spirit in BB gives the gem to you, and you turn it into the drunk barbarian in Freeport.

He does not despawn on turn in, he walks through the city and stops until you say "you can drink beer" or something, then brings you to the inn where you meet the next wolf.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

Spirit used to Despawn on getting gem.

He does not any longer.

He just requires Indifferent faction to give you the gem. Which is presently broken, all shamans should default at indifferent faction when they are created. Currently they start at apprehensively. So you need a chanter/bard to charm the spirit for the first 1-2 gems.
Old 10-31-2014, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you need a chanter/bard to charm the spirit for the first 1-2 gems.
Or you can just wait for the next patch, as the dev team is aware of the issue and will (most likely) fix it in the next release.
Old 10-31-2014, 06:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you can just wait for the next patch, as the dev team is aware of the issue and will (most likely) fix it in the next release.
which woint help existing shaman as they stated the faction change will be for all new shaman
Old 10-31-2014, 07:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which woint help existing shaman as they stated the faction change will be for all new shaman
Really, so any new shaman created during the bug period will be permanently broken and have to rely on charms and extra faction grinding just to do their epic? That doesn't sound right, especially since it should be super easy for them to fix those shamans:

UPDATE faction_table WHERE true_spirit_faction < indifferent SET true_spirit_faction = indifferent ...
Old 10-31-2014, 11:57 PM
Fire Giant

just going on what nilbog said. all new shamans will start indiff. no mention of changing existing ones faction, only new shaman.
Closed Thread