Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Aviak

Trolls stay banned.

+1
Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkyani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must admit.. I hear a lot of these stories about two boxing, but for some odd reason I actually believe this person. Doubt that will change anything, but sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. A seven year old most likely wouldn't exactly grasp the idea of GM's, two boxing, and Amelinda's attempts to validate the two separate players.
The same thing happened to a guildmate of mine a few months ago. His son was crying he was so upset. ;(
Old 10-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what the hell does everyone expect from a free server? pay the gm's and maybe they'll have time to spend on this.
This is always the most bullshit line. Server admins are (rightly) scared of giving up their tight grip over authority here. There are plenty of people willing to GM/Guide here but the admins aren't putting in enough effort to maintain a large trustworthy staff because they "have better things to do." IMO I'd rather be trained and have camps stolen than me instead of being unfairly banned. I've never once had a bad interaction with other players I couldn't resolve on my own but I have had multiple bad interactions with GMs stepping in when they didn't need to and fucking everything up for everyone.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Kobold

My 4 year old son was crying too when we got banned after being falsely accused of two boxing, though to be fair that may have had more to do with me smacking him around than him losing his character. I'd like my accounts restored too along with the other innocent souls in this thread. I can't help it if my 4 year old child can port, rez and sell items for me in EC but lacks the ability to follow a GM's instructions.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Kobold

i wonder how many more times someone is going to make that exact same post again
Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Fire Giant

Lol. Good Job on catching this 2boxer. The more involved someone's story, the more likely they are full of shit.

Let's see, someone is 2 boxing, or his 7 year old ran off to do what 7 year olds do, but was immediately back in time when the guide showed up. Interesting. Also, if your son is stupid enough to confuse a Gm with a mob, then you deserve the ban for raising a worthless gamer. I was much more capable than your son when I was 5. I figured out there was no Santa, and I'm functionally retarded.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnomishfirework [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make me a GM and I will handle all raid disputes. I can maybe do this as a guide if guides can turn on pvp flags (this is very important cause it will make it easier for me to screw with people). I think guides can change names already. I will need to be able to change Guild names and, if possible, change guild affiliation.

Here is why I should be a GM.

First, I won't be fair. I will be heavily biased. Not towards any particular guild, exactly, but I will be easily influenced because I'm greedy AND selfish. Tits on webcam, even a hairy man chest, will certainly get you dibs on a spawn. It's possible some sort of in-game symbol boobs would work as well ( o )( o ) ---oh yea... Yea, I'm already spawning trakanon IF YOU kNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Second, I need something to do on weekends. I work nights, so friday/saturday I'm up late. I kind of got bored of playing here cause I lost interest when I saw the condition of end-game raiding. Maybe velious will lure me back, but I'm sitting at 30-35 or somewhere. It's been months since I logged in past the character selection selection screen. I'm thinking of logging in today, but that will probably pass once I get high. I suffer from a deep depression and hate everything.

Anyway, I get bored at night. I'd like nothing more than to run around at GM speed and ban people and shit. I was an Adviser in Anarchy Online. I liked to port people to the GM only area to unstick them. I'd always say "oops, wrong hotkey" but that was a lie. Funcom would hold these Adviser-only events that were awesome. They let you buff up a toon to max level and get gazillions of credits for buying weapons/augs at these kiosks and have pvp battles, though I dont recall pvp ever happening. Badly organized -- I was gonna use a cheat to have two characters logged in at once to transfer all those credits to my play character, but it was enough to know I could. one time I randomly ported someone to the GM area and back without a word. He was talking about it in chat and people were calling him a liar. I then interrogated him on it, suspecting there was some hacker. He really enjoyed it. I tipped my hand by porting him back, though. I think I returned him to where he was, but don't remember. I resigned shortly after, like immediately. That game was laggy as fuck.

Yea, so I rambled, but I'd just be waiting to punish people. If I caught a 2 boxer, and all duos are 2 boxers, I'd turn them into rangers. If they were rangers, I'd Just leave em alone. Let them waste their time. Without EQ/AM3 rangers are just silly. I know, my main was a ranger in regular EQ. I wasn't a waste though, cause I was tops at CC, no one is skilled like me. One time my guildleader sent me a tell with a smiley face cause I CC'd the mobs on inny (PoT) so fast. On spawn. That how I roll. I know, your jealous. That's normal.

Third, I will take all the raid petitions. All of them. I can take all that headache away. I'm very knowledgable on EQ raids except new stuff and VP and Sleepers, but VP isn't in and fuck, how knowledgable do you need to be to turn people into ogres and spawn 10 statues of rallos zek on whiney guilds? Not very I'd imagine.

Fifth, I'm always right. Always. There would never be a complaint on my judgements. Likely cause id have already banned everyone who would have reason to complain, but trust me that was the right decision.

Me for GM 2011.

I can work holidays, btw. No one loves me so I just eat wawa turkey gobblers and smoke weed all day.

This is a serious request that is too awesome for the petition forum.

LOL
Old 10-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Kobold

Is VP open yet?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:31 AM
Kobold

I think where you're getting hung up Froog, is that you think Amelinda ONLY did the summon thing to see if you were boxing. I assure you that when she summoned you, you were already banned. You're not going to get any more information, no matter how long this post gets. If you're hoping that this is going to get any other GMs attention, you're mistaken. Getting banned sucks, but you've gotta deal with it some other way then a post like this.

By the way, your appeal to Uthgaard or any other GM is laughable. If Amelinda did in fact respond to your petition post as many times as you're saying, then she did more then any other GM, especially Uthgaard, would have. You can keep posting, but it's futile.

Best of luck starting over. Consider yourself lucky you can atleast do that. BTW - Highest character was what, 49? Come on, really? Really?
Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like Uthgaar (tho i relize now hes gone, lol I did not know he had left as I have been banned since june.) Apparently according to the threads ive read, which I don't put too much stock in until i can verify any facts,.. his name is mud now or whatever with the p99 crew because he took a stand and stated he was disgusted that 365 people were not banned like the rules clearly state they should have been.

These people were caught blatantly cheating for personal gain. and were given a "slap on the wrist" or whatever for a bannable offence they knew they were breaking.

Then, according to the numerous posts, he made it clear he thought it was becuase they were friends with Rogean and /Or nilbog and was so disgusted at the special treatment friends of the server staff recieved he said fuck this and quit.... so anyway I guess Uthgaar is unable to help me now, which is too bad, he was a forceful, tough GM... but he was very honest and fair IMO, and I hope the rest f the staff are as fair and decent as he was.

Hope that was all just gossip or Im gonna be pretty screwed as I am not a personal friend of any of the GM's

Uthgaard's resignation had nothing to do with the macroquest/showeq bans. He was a valued member of the team his name is not mud.

Regarding disciplinary actions, I voted for the strictest punishments involving the detection bans. (deleveled to 5 with all gear gone, or permanently banned). All of them would be eternally banned and rotting in the dirt if the decision was solely mine. I'm tired of reading posts stating that I went easy on people.

So, if you're claiming some type of favoritism that I showed or show to someone? LAUGH. I did know you on emarr, Froog. I brought this up one time, but it was apparent you didn't remember me. So if this is the case, it seems like I would unban you, right? Nope, because as GMs, if we know someone, another GM handles the case.

I hope everything works out all right for you, but don't be deluded that me knowing you or anyone else warrants special treatment. In this instance, it means I don't look into your case. Sorry.
Last edited by nilbog; 10-18-2011 at 09:12 AM..
Closed Thread