Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

I bet Rogean comes to read these forums once a week. He doesn't care about your feelings, Bockscar.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ready for launch
Yea, I am ready for lunch.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You guys have no idea how much I'm trying to juggle with the preparation and release of R99.. My life is literally a clusterfuck right now.

Having said that I am trying really hard not to have to give up getting this server released, however I really need help from the community in the forum of moderation of the bug forums and helping us with information, feedback, and prioritizing things.

I haven't even barely had time to read the forums in the last 2 weeks.

Disclaimer: This post isn't meant to be a complaint of 'what I have to deal with', merely pointing out that it is not a lack of caring, it is simply a lack of time.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 10-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Orc

we are still on for oct. 28th tho right
Old 10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys have no idea how much I'm trying to juggle with the preparation and release of R99.. My life is literally a clusterfuck right now.

Having said that I am trying really hard not to have to give up getting this server released, however I really need help from the community in the forum of moderation of the bug forums and helping us with information, feedback, and prioritizing things.

Disclaimer: This post isn't meant to be a complaint of 'what I have to deal with', merely pointing out that it is not a lack of caring, it is simply a lack of time.
Lets take some time and help with these things as much as possible to take some of the work off their shoulders.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bockscar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, I've been saying it for a while: there won't be any serious, heavy-duting testing as long as people have to grind for their XP and camp mobs for their gear. A few people will try, but the amount of time that has to be spent just enabling characters to test - even with 10x XP - is simply a waste. A week of freeform beta gameplay was fine, two weeks has been questionable but oh well. If it's gonna continue, it's just a stupid waste of time.
Whinepost about experience #19121235847

We get it. You "pvpers" aren't anywhere near as hardcore as you pretended to be on the forums for the months leading up to this beta.

PVP doesn't only exist in preselected levels with max gear for that level handed out. Shit happens inbetween and to ignore that dynamic of leveling while pvping, is not proper testing.

I've never once beta tested an mmo that auto leveled you. There's a reason for that.

Also:
This community is 9/10 shit.

Ask someone to help test some things? Nah, you get, "FUCK YOU ******DICK JEWTROLOLOL ROFL MEMES BLEWBIES LOL"
Last edited by Harrison; 10-12-2011 at 01:20 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well no wonder you fit right in then boyo
Old 10-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison
Also:

Ask someone to help test some things? Nah, you get, "FUCK YOU ******DICK JEWTROLOLOL ROFL MEMES BLEWBIES LOL"
I have to agree with this. People come in OOC and ask simple, serious questions and get nothing but juvenile answers. A player came on and asked me a question of where he could find a spell. I answered all his questions and he thanked me for being the only person who didn't act like an elitist asshat.

Can everyone please act like they were born at least before live came out and save the attitudes for release?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Delegate! Good lord. No one expects you to do it all. There tons of talented folks around here who would be more than happy to help ... This goes for Blue99 too!

I've helped manage many a project. Sign me up.
Last edited by Zereh; 10-12-2011 at 02:02 AM..
Old 10-12-2011, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whinepost about experience #19121235847

We get it. You "pvpers" aren't anywhere near as hardcore as you pretended to be on the forums for the months leading up to this beta.
Had to click "view post" because you've been on ignore for a while.

It has nothing to do with XP. It's a matter of principle; the current beta model severely limits the amount of feedback and data that can be provided because people have to level and gear their characters themselves. It's not about being hardcore (you're the only one who ever brings this up) and it's not about winning the beta, it's about getting enough out of the testing phase, which we aren't with the way things are right now.

Quote:
PVP doesn't only exist in preselected levels with max gear for that level handed out. Shit happens inbetween and to ignore that dynamic of leveling while pvping, is not proper testing.
The dynamic of leveling while PvPing does not need to be tested to any great extent. Nothing's broken regarding having to watch your back, having to sometimes PvP with a mob on you, having to /who every five seconds or moving zones every couple of hours when it gets too hot. The game mechanics don't factor into the act of leveling while PvPing. That's guaranteed to work by virtue of the core game being sufficiently classic and fully functional. Nobody is suggesting to bump everyone to level 50 with raid gear, we just need to conduct heavy-duty game mechanic tests and find bugs with all classes (not just the few that are easy to solo/duo up or are overpowered in classic PvP), hence suggestions such as:

Quote:
> Disable any form of XP gain.

> Put an NPC in each city that bumps your level to x. Every few days, x goes up by 10.

> Put a vendor next to the leveling NPC with free gear that's common at whatever the current level bracket is.

> Make one of the zones non-PvP but /duel enabled and have an NPC that casts a +500 mana and HP regen buff on you when hailed. Buff fades if you leave that zone.
Quote:
I've never once beta tested an mmo that auto leveled you. There's a reason for that.
I don't really care about your uncool story. The numbers here speak for themselves - hardly anyone is testing because they have to level and gear their characters, and if they want to test something else, they have to do it all over again. There's like 20-30 people on the test server most of the day. There's a reason for that.

Nobody has posted extensive resist data. Nobody has provided meaningful analysis of game mechanics. Nobody has made a concerted effort to test anything in-depth. This is because this beta has yet to provide them with the tools to do so, and because forcing people to level and gear up manually has instead encouraged the few who did so to play the game rather than test the game. How can anyone be expected to want to make the effort to test extensively if they can't even get access to the classes, levels and resists required to do so?

Quote:
Also:
You're pretty much one of the worst shitstains around. You contribute nothing whatsoever, all you do is post your useless drivel in every single thread, grasping at every possible chance to insult people. You're the worst type of person any community can have because, unlike most of the other trolls, you actually mean it. You're a worthless, pitiful imbecile with a crippled self-esteem who can only feel better about himself by flinging shit at others. None of your posts have basis in anything remotely relevant and you add nothing to the effort of moving the beta along. You think pointing people out as whiners somehow makes you better. In reality you're a sad, insecure nobody whose only way of expressing himself is by meaningless hostility. Nobody likes you, nobody cares about you, and you're hindering the beta by discouraging any and every discussion that takes place. You're the troll who isn't trolling for fun, and that's a seriously sad thing.
Closed Thread