Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:24 AM
Sarnak

I added another 4gigs of RAM to my computer so I'm up to 8gigs now (not just for this game, was planning to do it anyway). My computer is no longer sluggish after I close SWTOR, was a bit surprised it made that much of a difference. In game performance doesn't seem to have changed much though.
Q6600, 8800GT, 8GB ddr2 800, Win7 64bit, it runs pretty smoothly on this, but I have settings on low cept for texture quality is on high because a friend of mine mentioned that their computer actually runs the game better with it on high rather than low. Which is a bit odd, I didn't really notice any change with the switch.

I'm playing an Operative on Vulkar Highway if anyone else is there. Name: Xuzi

Mithaniel Marr
Fishytoothy | LVL 70 Troll Shaman
Stechen Meister | LVL 70 Barbarian Rogue

In Your Face Space Coyote!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

/sigh laptop gamers
Old 12-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
/sigh laptop gamers
Old 12-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

and here comes another shitty new age mmo... woah, iam really amazed, theyll never learn
Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and here comes another shitty new age mmo... woah, iam really amazed, theyll never learn
Back off man it was really fun for 3 days until I was over halfway to the level cap and realized the players for the most part are very anti-social and VERY BAD at working together in any way.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

that's kind of a dumb rationalization, how is that different from any other game?

If you want people to work well together you find a good guild and join it and acclimate yourself to there play style while trying to benefit the group by adding insights of your own.

every mmo has bad pickup groups, especially in the beginning
Old 12-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's kind of a dumb rationalization, how is that different from any other game?

If you want people to work well together you find a good guild and join it and acclimate yourself to there play style while trying to benefit the group by adding insights of your own.

every mmo has bad pickup groups, especially in the beginning
I was in a large preformed guild, people constantly complained in /guild and /general the game was "too hard".

Even in Warzones people played like shit and never communicated through /ops while ignoring the few that did.

Game was fun as KOTOR 3 and that is it for me. Leveling was fast, easy, and effortless while anything other then leveling that required others to work together was a waste of time with dogshit/silent players.

At least on the Republic side on the PvP server I rolled on. I was the only one who EVER had protection points in Warzones or any idea of wtf was going on.

When it came to "pulling" or "tanking" in PvE it was even worse, I was like the only tank I ever saw (Vanguard) who pulled or tanked correctly.

Everyone else ignored anything I said while contributing nothing through chat other then "Don't tell me how to play" resulting in constant flashpoint or heroic wipes.

The same people would leave immediately after wipe while complaining the game was "broken and too hard" when it was obvious the game is extremely easy but these people seem to expect free loot with ZERO effort or coordination.

The players ruined the game that was too easy and boring to play alone.

While also being too shitty, whiny, and silent to accomplish anything as a group.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Banned

mad that people aren't on the ball about a game not even after a week of release
Old 12-23-2011, 06:02 PM
Banned

That and I dare say your server sounds like a slum. Mine is like the exact opposite.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mad that people aren't on the ball about a game not even after a week of release
Dude it's fucking easy, you can't argue that.

Not so much they aren't "on the ball" more they complain and blame the game for being too hard when they refuse to communicate at all.
Closed Thread