Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
there will always b at least 2 of us...
2 paladins? 2 too many.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 03-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Time consuming =/= hard.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Aviak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Heuheuheu
Old 03-04-2014, 12:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time consuming =/= hard.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time consuming =/= hard.
This is what makes eq "hard". The game itself is easy, the time you need to invest to complete most things in the game is what makes it how it is.

There are already people getting level 50 in a few weeks.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what makes eq "hard". The game itself is easy, the time you need to invest to complete most things in the game is what makes it how it is.

There are already people getting level 50 in a few weeks.
I see your point. Hard just feels like the wrong word [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-04-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Is it hard to count to 1000 out loud?

No, it's just stupidly boring and takes awhile.

Hard is killing Venril Sathir with a single group. Or killing Trakanon with 12. Or clearing VP instead of derp training. These take longer but they also present different challenges due to the length/strategies/mechanics.

Grinding an extra 20 hours in CoM doesn't really pose any new or different challenges.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Indeed, "hard" is not the right word. "Tedious," "monotonous," "drawn-out," "protracted," etc. are.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Is it hard to count to 1000 out loud?

No, it's just stupidly boring and takes awhile.

Hard is killing Venril Sathir with a single group. Or killing Trakanon with 12. Or clearing VP instead of derp training. These take longer but they also present different challenges due to the length/strategies/mechanics.

Grinding an extra 20 hours in CoM doesn't really pose any new or different challenges.
Are you actually going to argue that the raid content on THIS server especially with the level of gear and knowledge is hard? By that logic wow is harder than everquest because it has more skill based raids. Everquest has ALWAYS been about the journey and the challenges ON the journey. The challenge is what happens when you wipe on the raid encounter and need to figure out how to get your corpses. The most challenging thing for the raid community on this server is figuring out who gets to actually kill the bosses.

I play eq because I enjoy trying to understand and figure out what to do in different scenarios. I like being forced to think WHILE leveling on where to go or what I want to do and how to accomplish it. It is already extremely easy, my only argument was if you make it even faster to level there is no real need to plan anything or commit to anything because no matter what you do you will go up in level without any problems. Obviously the exp penalty is not a big difference, but most of my groups have an sk or a paladin and if I'm able to just level alts super fast it's not really as interesting.

Oh and hey if it's just tedious why even put placeholders in? Let's just make the bosses always spawn every time theyre up. Cause camping anything is not skill based it's just time. Travelling around the world is just time lets put in pok for easier travelling too. Why not?
Zekdos - Troll SK
Last edited by Roth; 03-04-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Keep all XP penalties.