Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet max damage was unchanged. Pet min damage has been way too high for the duration of the server. This is not a timeline change, it's a "it never should have been this way" change.

Kick/bash damage is derived from the pet's min damage.
I have to back up kanras here. As a 58 mage I was able to KS a raid of 40 on Spiroc Lord being all by myself. Keep in mind, this happened multiple times and even when 38 of the 40 were still alive. Something was definitely screwy.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Can add:
# Uthgaard(?): Winged Death DoT exemption flag is now working properly. Winged Death now stacks with other Druid magic DoTs.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Fire Giant

Woot! Rogue fix. Maybe now I can keep aggro. Probably not, but a warrior can dream!

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woot! Rogue fix. Maybe now I can keep aggro. Probably not, but a warrior can dream!
You can have it back. Believe me, as a rogue, I don't want it anymore! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Kobold

FD mob memory isn't clearing... We had someone FD after aggroing three mobs went AFK for 2 hours came back and the mobs came running at them.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Sarnak

All i know is that i saw Kanras on the majority of these changes and instantly /facepalm. Almost afraid to log into the game right now, because i am curious as to what all he "changed" in order to make it "correct" that he ended up getting from 2005+ RANDOM forum posts "claiming" it to be classic.

Oh and the potential mass of ninja changes he failed to report in the notes like last time that greatly impact the game.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pet max damage was unchanged. Pet min damage has been way too high for the duration of the server. This is not a timeline change, it's a "it never should have been this way" change.

Kick/bash damage is derived from the pet's min damage.

So a 59 air pet is supposed to quad for 18 18 18 28?. This is completely wrong, Mags depend on pet dmg, we dont have the luxury of root, snare, fear, feign death. If a mag gets a add the fight is over period, people <melee> cry constantly that pets are OPd but in reality its to make there own class more powerful. After youve alrdy nerfed pets 4 times.

I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful, and enjoy playing on YOUR server daily, but constistancy would be great, enchanters are not pet classses, either are shaman, why nerf mag/necro pets over and over?.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Skeleton

I know my lvl 49 fire pet took over a minute and a half to kill a Seafury that was down to 15% health and running. That's Whacked!!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivar Quartz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a 59 air pet is supposed to quad for 18 18 18 28?. This is completely wrong, Mags depend on pet dmg, we dont have the luxury of root, snare, fear, feign death. If a mag gets a add the fight is over period, people <melee> cry constantly that pets are OPd but in reality its to make there own class more powerful. After youve alrdy nerfed pets 4 times.

I'm in no way trying to be disrespectful, and enjoy playing on YOUR server daily, but constistancy would be great, enchanters are not pet classses, either are shaman, why nerf mag/necro pets over and over?.
Instead of hitting max (for 57 for example) all the time, now he's hitting in his whole min-max range and is averaging for ~30 over a fight. It's a nerf for sure and very big, but your pet is closer to classic than it was. Parse some fights and see for yourself.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know my lvl 49 fire pet took over a minute and a half to kill a Seafury that was down to 15% health and running. That's Whacked!!
Pretty sure mages still have nukes.

But anyway, mages were not a hugely popular class during Kunark and I'm guessing it's probably because they were not as powerful on live as they were here.
Closed Thread