Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2015, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Default Velious's impact on economy

I keep seeing alot mentioned about the inflation that's set to hit p99 when Velious launches.

For those of us who are not economically inclined, what exactly does this mean?

Asher
Old 07-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

Prices on stuff farmed into oblivion will drop closer to what they should have been priced at by now. Basically everything is gonna drop in price, excluding the items that are still nice to have in Velious. Hieros / SBC / CoF / Fungi will probably retain most their of value. Trak BPs should tank in price. Manastone will go up over time. NoS will crash.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

It's all about inflation proofing your wealth.

Think of a high end item that's definitely not going to see an upgrade for Velious and will be extremely useful.

It'll be better to buy that 20k/30k/50k/whatever item with your stash than to have the same amount sat in the bank.

50k is still 50k in the bank.

50k might turn into 80-100k if the ridiculous amount of stored plat re-enters the economy and pushes prices up. There's a lot of people on a break waiting for Velious, believe me they'll want some items when they get back here.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Fire Giant

so, what you're saying is that the 60k price of an item like Fungi may be worth 80k-100k come August when SoV drops?

Asher
Old 07-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGrousis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so, what you're saying is that the 60k price of an item like Fungi may be worth 80k-100k come August when SoV drops?
Just an opinion, it largely depends on the sellers pushing up prices a bit, the amount of plat re-entering circulation, and to some extent... the price that gets set for some Velious items. If a lodi shield is worth X, then surely a fungi which is equally nice (if overfarmed) still has to hold some relative value to that and other similar items.

Wind back to 2011, the first Jade Chokidai Prod to be sold was auctioning for 20k (key part to Howling Stones). There was a long queue for that camp, because everyone wanted to get into HS to extract the new loot and make big money.

A good example for Kunark was a FBSS, 4k going back to early 2011 if my memory is correct....a steady 7-8k during Kunark. Obviously that'll fall away now, more and Dragonborn sashes have been farmed anyway but Velious has some nice upgrades again.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Some things like a Manastone I think may actually go up. Mana is king on Casters, Healers. So a Druid, Wizard, can port themselves or others back to "classic" zones and be FM in a heartbeat. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Win win for them and others.

Haste is a Big deal and I know the Handwraps will put a hurt on FBSS, but it still is haste like it or not. So it will be sellable. Fungi, CoF will still be King, so no drop price wise in them. I see them raising also. Whole new world when Velious comes out, but good gear is good gear no mater what. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2015, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Low-end items that are upgraded with "common" items in Velious will drop in price by a lot. Example of this is Diamondine Earring, which is upgraded by Orc Fang earrings.

Old-world items that are still really good in Velious will likely go up due to people not wanting to camp them (since they are old world) and the more plat entering the economy from semi-retired players. Items like Fungi, CoF, Heiro Cloak, Siblisian cloak, etc... Since there is nothing for level 60s to do pre-Velious besides play alts, farm and raid, lots of those items are being farmed. It'll still happen but to a lesser extent in Velious.

I don't think Manastone will go up in value much or go down in value much since it is only usable old world. Although it may go up due to the upgrades to CT (the god) and PoHate and Chardok, I don't think those 3 things will make it go up more than it is already. No one is going to pay 200k for an item for 3 zones.

Items like Trak BPs (Thurg/Hate BPs) and RBG/RBG (haste belt from SG) will probably go down because while still not easy to get, it is now much easier to get.

Other common low-end items (i.e. Nightshade Wreath) and items that are still close to droppable best in slot (i.e. Obulus Death Shroud) will likely not change much.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Sarnak

Also, Velious is going to be a mad house the first few weeks. I plan to stay in the old world for a few weeks, possibly going to only buy my new spells.

If you are smart, you will wait a few months for values to drop. Lodizal items, for example, are going to sell for a ton despite it being a 24 hour camp. Wait a few months and prices will drop a lot.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

i remember paying 30k for a Stave of Shielding... then look what happened [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2015, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

All this is just speculation, but honestly almost all items even the ones included in all these posts will drop in price.

Anyone stupid enough to try and keep prices the same or raise them are going to be sitting in EC with those items for a long time because everyone is going to be in Velious farming for the real loot.

Trak BPs? Lol...no, with two exceptions, the Cleric and Shammy.

These weak ass items like Glowing black stone will drop in price big time, because there are places in Velious to get better or equal items.

Velious is going to be good but at first you are going to have a lot of poopsockers/neck beards camping or 'claiming' camp on crap everywhere.
Closed Thread