Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Kobold

Default Ancient Cyclops in Sro

Camping the AC in sro and the spawns don't appear to be working correctly from my previous experience with this camp.

1. Theres only two spawns occurring on the walking path. From my experience there should be three. I believe the 3rd one is the AC spawn (2)

2. Nothing is spawning for the AC PH. I know this because the two spawns here are spawning 6-10 mins and 20 mins. The ac spawn should be every 30.6666 mins. To verify again, I've killed both pathing mobs at 11am and something spawns at 1pm and then 4pm gametime but nothing at 9pm.

Not trying to debate the rarity of the AC or complain about waiting. The spawns just seem off to me and I just want to check to make sure its working correctly.

Thanks
Old 11-19-2010, 02:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Camping the AC in sro and the spawns don't appear to be working correctly from my previous experience with this camp.
On this server, or Live?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=10492
Old 11-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Semi-related things to consider:
1) Learn exactly what is considered night hours
2) If you already know what isn't the AC placeholder, why mess with them unless you really want the sand giants?
Old 11-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Kobold

Sorry I should have been more specific. I meant my experience with the camp on this server. In fact, I am comparing it to how I've seen the camp function (and the AC spawn) a few days ago.

I've read that post you linked and thats the basis or why I think the spawns are messed up, unless I'm missing something...
Old 11-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakriss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Semi-related things to consider:
1) Learn exactly what is considered night hours
2) If you already know what isn't the AC placeholder, why mess with them unless you really want the sand giants?

1) I am going off of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depending on the actual day/night hours on this server, which is stated to be 7am to 9pm at least in Kithikor(stated by a dev), you would have 1 10% chance every hour at the AC. How should he spawn at least every 5 hours?
Thats why I killed the ph at 11 and thus it would respawn at night (9pm).

2) Good point. One of the spawns was a dervish cutthroat so I wans't entirely sure if it was the AC ph or not. Some people who were there before me told me they had similar problems with the spawn.

Thanks for the response though, just trying to figure out if something is up.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:44 AM
Kobold

Night is 8pm, at least in Kithicor. I've had my arse handed to me more than I liked getting Honeycombs from Bixies.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Kobold

I was camping him for some time last night and it seemed his spawn time had lowered to ~21 minutes as well, but the other two were there normally spawning at 6 min.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Aviak

I was camping AC in sro for a few hours the other day.

There's only 2 PH's on the walking path. One is on a 6 minute timer and the other is on a 20 minute.

The 20 minute timer one is spawning Madmen, Dervish and SGs.

Did someone maybe charm the AC PH and take it away and hide it somewhere?
Last edited by Zarcath; 11-19-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Old 11-19-2010, 12:35 PM
Kobold

If it was charmed wouldnt it still eventually go back to it's normal pathing?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it was charmed wouldnt it still eventually go back to it's normal pathing?
I thought this too but one time a while back I aggroed the AC PH on accident before it was time to kill him. I FD and instead of going back to the path he takes off running into the forest. I had to go track him down and kill him when the time came. So, not sure what a charmed mob would do?