Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Aviak

Default Rules Lawyers

Rules Lawyers - you know the guy who comes along to your camp and starts trying to force themselves in on it and quoting various server rules to support them.

For instance I was in oasis doing the top 3 specs, there was a mage doing the bottom 5. I got there second so thats what I had to work with. He was pulling his 5 very regularly, none of them would be up for more then 5-10 sec without getting pulled. Some random prick comes by named Halfway and pulls one of the mage's mobs. He starts quoting the rules about pulling immediately or you can't claim the camp, blah blah blah.

Technically he is correct the rules do say that but really only a complete jerk would abuse that rule. I'm pretty sure 5-10 sec being up isn't in excess and there were already 2 people on the island it was pretty clear they were all taken.

Anyone have a suggestion about what to do about these people because there are a lot of them? It would be nice it people would just respect others and stop trying to use the letter of the law to break the spirit of the law
Old 11-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Chain debuff them, especially when it is something important like Enduring Breath / Levitate or SoW if kiting. Thats allowed right :P
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Educate him that "immediately" != "instantly", tell him to piss off, then complain to the zone about the excessively long cast times on your nukes.

When he then tries to get you the dictionary quote for the word immediate and provides a link, then ask for the exact formulaic expression of time accounting for average connection speed, latency, human response time, peripheral input, and amount of game actions necessary. Afterward, tell him to piss off again.
Last edited by Malakriss; 11-22-2010 at 11:43 PM..
Old 11-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishriot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rules Lawyers - you know the guy who comes along to your camp and starts trying to force themselves in on it and quoting various server rules to support them.

For instance I was in oasis doing the top 3 specs, there was a mage doing the bottom 5. I got there second so thats what I had to work with. He was pulling his 5 very regularly, none of them would be up for more then 5-10 sec without getting pulled. Some random prick comes by named Halfway and pulls one of the mage's mobs. He starts quoting the rules about pulling immediately or you can't claim the camp, blah blah blah.

Technically he is correct the rules do say that but really only a complete jerk would abuse that rule. I'm pretty sure 5-10 sec being up isn't in excess and there were already 2 people on the island it was pretty clear they were all taken.

Anyone have a suggestion about what to do about these people because there are a lot of them? It would be nice it people would just respect others and stop trying to use the letter of the law to break the spirit of the law
the person in question sounds like a douche. This probably belongs in R&F though.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishriot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have a suggestion about what to do about these people?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2010, 01:07 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the person in question sounds like a douche. This probably belongs in R&F though.
Ya i'm considered that but i was more interested in suggestions about what can be done rather then just bitching about it. I love the idea about making him define instantly :P
Old 11-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Fire Giant

Camp disputes like this fall more in the area of Play nice policy...ed-u-ma-cate him on that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Fire Giant

Hobby more like Nobby
Old 11-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Kobold

report his ass for invading your camp and not respecting the pnp and get his ass banned. it's what he deservs for being such a fucktard.

jesus people, when a camp is taken, move alone or wait in line.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

I never got why so many people with no social skills play such a social game. Its really not that hard to behave like a normal person but a lot of people seem to have trouble with it.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Closed Thread