Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Velious Release (new influx of items, players, content will 100% revive server)

2. Patches (it's been 2 months now guys *sadface*)

3. Random CLASSIC repops

4. GM events (can't even remember the last one, probably a year ago now).

5. Faster IP exemptions, petition response time, item reimbursements.

6. XP bonuses

All of these things encourage a happy player base. Many players have literally nothing else left to do on this server at this point. EverQuest doesn't really live up to its name if you've got very little left to accomplish. Even for players who have no desire to raid, it sucks not being able to find groups in HS/Seb or whatever. When I leveled at Kunark release there were groups everywhere, loots were new and sold for sky high, and it was awesome to experience all the old Kunark content again. I def want new players to P99 to have the same awesome experience 50+ that I had back in 2011, but they need ppl to play with.

Thats Sum of it.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Sarnak

Red99 is still surviving off just the 20-40 people that play it. Just sayin everyone is getting worked up over nothing the server is completely playable with the pop of over 100-200+ online, sometimes even 300.. why do people complain so much? Yes we all want velious but don't you want it properly? Just be patient and enjoy the game as it is now. Once velious is out its a slippery slope until everyone leaves and the server dies... what will you do when there is no content promised then? Just chill, be happy.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Red99 is the reason for blues decline. Notice how blue started going down the gutter once red came up?
Old 06-14-2012, 11:34 AM
Sarnak

I just think people need to QQ less on the forums about lack of population and play. We know that velious would make more players return, but then give it a few months till they get bored and they will be gone again. If you are playing a class that doesn't solo well hey presto it's time to make an alt. Play him in your mains downtime and enjoy EQ... if not go play live EQ I hear it's super easy to solo and level up there and a whole ton of content to keep you happy till the day you die ( if you like shitty zones slapped together ).
Old 06-14-2012, 12:16 PM
Kobold

velious will help but not as much as people think. huge numbers of people were grieved off the server in the last 5-6 months. i wouldn't expect to see them returning back into this community when options like eqmac, the sleeper, d3 and gw2 are getting hot. constantly recruiting new players is the best bet to keep the population going good. till about lvl 55 most players won't be exposed to raid scene on here and therefore be completely happy till then.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Attendance prior to kunark was really low too and lots were griefed off the server before kunark alot left for the sony prog servers and we still hit 1k pop for kunark. Content is king and we are currently out of it
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 PM
Sarnak

I dont know we could try to flood facebook- project 1999 fanpage with comments etc to drum up interest and advertise? https://www.facebook.com/#!/EQProject1999
Last edited by sulious; 06-14-2012 at 12:24 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Only the top 1% of the server is "currently out of [content]." The rest of us play with lots of content ahead of us still, even before releasing Velious. If you'd like more content, faster, log onto EQMac/Live and help Nilbog answer his Velious questions. Or you can continue to kill kunark_dragon_9999, like you have been for months.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

^ lol +1 he speaks truth
Old 06-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Kobold

Velious won't save the server. It'll revive it for a while and then people will leave again and ultimately the server will come down to a relative handfull of people.

I'm one of the people who doesn't play anymore and I know Velious won't make me stay for a long time. It'll be fun again for a while but it can't solve the underlying problem people like me have with EQ.

The problem is: there is no endgame in EQ for people who don't raid. Also, when groups for all the non-raid content thin out beyond a certain point all the rest of the game loses it's fun as well.

So, people like me get up to the point at which we should be raiding but we don't want to because, let's be honest, it isn't worth all the time and trouble. This is just a game after all and I'm just not going to put myself through all that crap I don't enjoy anyway just so I'll have some excuse to keep logging in. So at that point our interest in the game begins to fizzle out.

Ok, now what, start an alt? Oh but look, there aren't enough people to group with and soloing isn't any fun even if you are playing a solo class. And yea, my quitting isn't going to help the population but what else can I do? I'm not going to log in every day just so I can stand around not getting into groups.

I don't mean for this to come across as whining. I'm just pointing out what I see as the major flaws with the server. I could offer suggestions to help alleviate the problems but people would yell at me if I did.
Closed Thread