Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only the top 1% of the server is "currently out of [content]." The rest of us play with lots of content ahead of us still, even before releasing Velious. If you'd like more content, faster, log onto EQMac/Live and help Nilbog answer his Velious questions. Or you can continue to kill kunark_dragon_9999, like you have been for months.
Is this going to become another " its tmo's fault " thread. You aren't out of content? Why is seb and hs empty? Most of the server won't get thru vp before velious is out just like on live. The difference is velious has tons more content both group and raid.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Sarnak

@One Tin Soldier

This isn't an attack or anything to you, I myself am like you in many ways (except I would raid given the opportunity) but that is just your play style and view on the game. Many people like to raid because there's nothin' more fun than taking down a big bad ass dragon or w/e and getting awesome loot from it. As is with many MMO's it's all about end game, although EQ is the only game I have ever found that is also about the journey & experiences getting there.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Tin Soldier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious won't save the server. It'll revive it for a while and then people will leave again and ultimately the server will come down to a relative handfull of people.

I'm one of the people who doesn't play anymore and I know Velious won't make me stay for a long time. It'll be fun again for a while but it can't solve the underlying problem people like me have with EQ.

The problem is: there is no endgame in EQ for people who don't raid. Also, when groups for all the non-raid content thin out beyond a certain point all the rest of the game loses it's fun as well.

So, people like me get up to the point at which we should be raiding but we don't want to because, let's be honest, it isn't worth all the time and trouble. This is just a game after all and I'm just not going to put myself through all that crap I don't enjoy anyway just so I'll have some excuse to keep logging in. So at that point our interest in the game begins to fizzle out.

Ok, now what, start an alt? Oh but look, there aren't enough people to group with and soloing isn't any fun even if you are playing a solo class. And yea, my quitting isn't going to help the population but what else can I do? I'm not going to log in every day just so I can stand around not getting into groups.

I don't mean for this to come across as whining. I'm just pointing out what I see as the major flaws with the server. I could offer suggestions to help alleviate the problems but people would yell at me if I did.
You are describing a strength or weakness of the game, not the server. Instances were designed to solve your problems
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Sarnak

Restart a new classic server, giving everyone three months notice so word can spread before it opens. When I played on P99 in 2010, I felt it was already "too late" to start on that server. Rarely did I get a good group (and I am good at creating groups/recruiting). Most of the time I saw twinks and folks being power leveled. On the odd chance I found myself at some camp I liked, some high level necro/druid/mage was camping the item for twink/sale/plat/rmt/whoknows.

And fix the mob flee speed, I hear it sucks.

Also, another emu has the idea of offering raid tokens so the end-game doesn't turn into one huge game of kahk-blocking, socking, batphones, and all the bull-sheet that caused millions of players to leave EQ in the first place. PvE is what made EQ great. The vast majority of players want to compete against the game, not against other players. Perhaps each account could get one raid token for each raid mob boss? Just thinking...
Last edited by Arclanz; 06-14-2012 at 12:48 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Planar Protector

a 30yr old game is having people lose interest? Fail mmo
Old 06-14-2012, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this going to become another " its tmo's fault " thread. You aren't out of content? Why is seb and hs empty? Most of the server won't get thru vp before velious is out just like on live. The difference is velious has tons more content both group and raid.
It is not solely TMO's fault I still have content in Kunark to experience. I play infrequently enough that I'm not L60, I don't have my epic, and I haven't seen VP. That still gives me incentive to log on when I am able to.

Kunark on P99 will last longer on P99 than it did on Live, so the only reason fewer people will see Veeshan's Peak on P99 than on Live is because they don't feel like putting in the effort to get the key (everything from poopsocking Trak to camping the Pained Soul to the easy ground spawns). Only a minimal portion of that is TMO's fault.

I'm not trying to blame TMO for the rest of the server not "completing" Kunark. I am trying to say that those who have "completed" Kunark are able to expedite the process on releasing more "King Content" (read: Velious) by aiding the developer(s) of the content. You are more than capable of becoming part of the solution instead of just complaining about it (making you part of the problem). And Nilbog has done an amazing job at being accessible and providing the community the ability to expedite development. So when you want to complain about Velious' slow release, talk in the mirror and leave it off the forums.
Last edited by falkun; 06-14-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanzkopf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@One Tin Soldier

This isn't an attack or anything to you, I myself am like you in many ways (except I would raid given the opportunity) but that is just your play style and view on the game. Many people like to raid because there's nothin' more fun than taking down a big bad ass dragon or w/e and getting awesome loot from it. As is with many MMO's it's all about end game, although EQ is the only game I have ever found that is also about the journey & experiences getting there.
Yes, different people like different things. That's fine. But I bet there are a lot more people like me than you might think. It's just that most of them never post on forums.

Also the raiding in classic EQ is somewhat unique in the amount of time and people required and the level of...ahh..."bullshit" one has to endure.

I understand that some people really love it and that's great for them. But the fact that some people enjoy it doesn't change things for all the people like me who simply don't think it's worth all the time and trouble.

It's just my misfortune that I absolutely love one side of the game---the freewheeling, grouping, having fun with people side of the game. But then I don't enjoy the other side of the game at all, the raiding side.

My love of the fun parts of the game dragged me to this server even though I knew the fun part would sooner or later die out and leave me in this position where all that's left is the part I don't enjoy.

Oh well, I did have a lot of fun for while at least.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:50 PM
VIP / Contributor

Keep the RnF in the right area. Keep on topic and leave out personal attacks.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

The "End Game" is what killed the original EQ. They kissed the asses of the raid guilds and threw everyone else under the bus. And that is what has happened here. I am not against TMO. The top guild always takes the heat.

The problem with this server now is when they stated Red it took away a 1/3 of the people. And most of them just gave up and quit both servers now. And now Rogean seems to have just went Poof. No patches that are really needed, and the goddamn server crashes 2 to 3 times a day have just killed it for a lot of people, including me.

I see no real future here as far as I am concerned. And even if Velious comes out unless you are really high level there is no zones worth a crap for noobs in it. So I think it won't help in the short term even if it happens soon.

I think the end is near like it or not.

The pet class nerf and the Melee skillup problem has been the straw that has broken the camels back to me. The average person on here does not have time to play 24/7 like they did 13 years ago. So much for "Classic".
Last edited by webrunner5; 06-14-2012 at 12:57 PM..
Old 06-14-2012, 12:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

As much as you want to hate how raids were made in EQ, most of EQ was centered around non raids. EQ lost more raiders than non raiders over time. EQ was going strong up to the end of SoL, and then many changes were made in Raiding and zones to help allow more people do that type of stuff. What happened between PoP and forward? EQ finally died.
Closed Thread