Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
check the sig...if youre in it, stop posting.

/FAMOUS LAWL

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

I live one hour outside of New York City, yes I know people who lost a loved one in the terrorist attack on 9/11. I know a person who worked in that building daily but for some fortuitous chance did not go into the city that day. Everytime I take the train or drive into the city, I see the empty space of skyline where those towers are no longer. Being at ground zero is a harrowing experience.

Humwama, caring for billions of people is one thing. I may have crossed the line into hyperbole if I implied Phallax should empathize with every single human being. What I meant was that it's normal, healthy and a catalyst for personal growth to empathize with other human beings you come in contact with rather than retreat to a personal shell and only care about the existence of those in direct relation to you because it is easier as Phallax stated. I also agree that people need to let go of their lost loved ones, but there is a fine line between letting go and forgetting. When Phallax made his comment about how people should "get over it", he did not say it in a warm comforting context of hoping people could let go of the people they lost and move on from that event. His statement of "get over it" was in a clear tone of forget it happened, who cares about it. History should not be forgotten, especially an event of that magnitude.

And now you're taking steps back from your previous opinions Phallax. You stated before that you only care about your family and those close to you because its easier. Now you're stating you donate to charities? Make a decision on what your stance is; do you actually not care about what happens to other people as you previously claimed or do you now have interest enough in another's condition to assist them financially? It's one thing to make a bold claim, but now you're not even sticking to it. It's true, nobody on this planet could give one shit about anything I have to say, but I've still got my opinions and I'm not going to apologize for your crass comments having rattled me up enough to share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

And after reading the actual thread --

Attemping to connect someone's online and "real-life" personalities is a futile attempt, indeed.

You don't know them.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waedawen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And after reading the actual thread --

Attemping to connect someone's online and "real-life" personalities is a futile attempt, indeed.

You don't know them.
I agree, and that's why I make very few attempts to cast judgment about someone's actual character unless I know them outside of the images and words presented to me through the internet...
Old 07-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being self-interested is an important trait of just about everything in the animal kingdom (aside from certain animal species when it comes to their offspring).
fixed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I live one hour outside of New York City, yes I know people who lost a loved one in the terrorist attack on 9/11. I know a person who worked in that building daily but for some fortuitous chance did not go into the city that day. Everytime I take the train or drive into the city, I see the empty space of skyline where those towers are no longer. Being at ground zero is a harrowing experience.

Humwama, caring for billions of people is one thing. I may have crossed the line into hyperbole if I implied Phallax should empathize with every single human being. What I meant was that it's normal, healthy and a catalyst for personal growth to empathize with other human beings you come in contact with rather than retreat to a personal shell and only care about the existence of those in direct relation to you because it is easier as Phallax stated. I also agree that people need to let go of their lost loved ones, but there is a fine line between letting go and forgetting. When Phallax made his comment about how people should "get over it", he did not say it in a warm comforting context of hoping people could let go of the people they lost and move on from that event. His statement of "get over it" was in a clear tone of forget it happened, who cares about it. History should not be forgotten, especially an event of that magnitude.

And now you're taking steps back from your previous opinions Phallax. You stated before that you only care about your family and those close to you because its easier. Now you're stating you donate to charities? Make a decision on what your stance is; do you actually not care about what happens to other people as you previously claimed or do you now have interest enough in another's condition to assist them financially? It's one thing to make a bold claim, but now you're not even sticking to it. It's true, nobody on this planet could give one shit about anything I have to say, but I've still got my opinions and I'm not going to apologize for your crass comments having rattled me up enough to share them.
No im not taking steps back on what I say. I stand firm on my "get over it" claim. The way you take it and the way I say it are obviously 2 separate definitions.

This part "empathize with other human beings you come in contact with" shows you basically agree with me. Why should I care, beyond feeling sad for, of people I do not know or come in contact with?

Sure, I donate, If a person I donated to were to die in a tragic car crash or wtfe. Do you think I would go to thier grave and leave them flowers, or call their family and tell them sorry? No, Id nod my head, know it was a loss and "get over it". Its that easy.
Old 07-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Fire Giant

Ive also been to ground zero. Went there on a Independence Day weekend. Was maybe 2 years after? Sure it was something I will never forget.

But the fact that people bring up 9/11 over and over and over shows they cant let go OR they are looking for attention, its usually attention.

We dont hear about the OK bombing and such anymore, my grandparents dont talk about Pearl Harbor. So why do we still talk about things nearly a decade ago? This didnt just happen last year, its been 9 this coming September. We lose soldiers daily over seas and yet no one sparks conversation about that. The main reason people bring up 9/11 is attention whoring and you sheep take it hook line and sinker every time.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 PM
Banned

^^^

Probably wishes you could edit on rants/flames lol.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^

Probably wishes you could edit on rants/flames lol.
And I'm so glad you can't.
Old 07-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We lose soldiers daily over seas and yet no one sparks conversation about that.
That'd be kind of like mourning the terrorists who crashed the plane into the wtc imo
Closed Thread