Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 07-06-2023, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I agree that all other posters in addition to DSM should take the convo to the other thread, which looks like it has happened.

Anyway, back to the convo at hand. Personally, I'd love a holiday season launch at the end of the year. Nice end of year present.
Old 07-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

EQ before any expansions was the best version of EQ for me. Wish there was just a level 50 locked classic server around the Temple of Sol Ro patch, plane of hate release.
Old 07-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ before any expansions was the best version of EQ for me. Wish there was just a level 50 locked classic server around the Temple of Sol Ro patch, plane of hate release.
I thoroughly enjoyed that Blue was stuck at Kunark for years.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

When does new server drop??
Old 07-07-2023, 05:06 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To me this is also peak EverQuest.

My only issue with Classic is that the competition for camps is too harsh for 1k players.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:21 AM
Fire Giant

It really isn't, even with 2k players Runnyeye, Permafrost, Kerra Isle, Najena, Qeynos Catacombs, are empty. You might not be able to get to the camp you like/know most but you can definitely get a camp going.

And if you want a good camp, play a tank and get a good rep. I was never wanting for a group during classic up until 45+ when a lot more people tended to go solo.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:00 AM
Large Bat

I think the best argument for new servers is not the limited drops, but the nostalgia of specific zones. Many zones don't have a population any more, and are therefore unplayable for group play. My favorite memories in EQ are of Crushbone, orcs in High Pass, Cazic Thule, Lower Guk, and Solusek. Some of these you can continue to find groups for, but others are abandoned the majority of the time. Let's get a new Green!
Old 07-21-2023, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
I preferred Velious raiding, but everything else from leveling to itemization to difficulty were all more appealing when 50 was level cap. A fresh server that locks at 50 would be nice...again. That's what p99 was for like a decade.
Old 07-21-2023, 06:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousHalflings [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I preferred Velious raiding, but everything else from leveling to itemization to difficulty were all more appealing when 50 was level cap. A fresh server that locks at 50 would be nice...again. That's what p99 was for like a decade.
This! Probably not going to happen as it would split the servers... but there was nothing like POF/POH and Vox/Nagafen raids. Sometimes simple is better
Old 07-22-2023, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Starting to doubt its ever going to happen
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)