Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 05:16 AM
Sarnak

Default Vanguard: Saga of Heroes restrictions removed on F2P

Has anybody played this since many of the absurd restrictions were removed?

http://www.tentonhammer.com/vanguard...y-restrictions

It used to seem like it could be a decent game that just never got the player base to justify any real investment. But I read about a lot of people joining after the restrictions were removed and was just wondering if it got better.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
If you have been holding out on giving Vanguard: Saga of Heroes a try because of the restrictions on free accounts we have some good news. SOE has relaxed a lot of the restrictions previously in place for free Vanguard players with today’s update. Free players can now play any race or class without restriction, are allowed to create guilds, own a house, and you’re no longer limited to 2 platinum in currency. Free players can also now join Caravans & Brotherhoods, have had quest limits increased to 50, are no longer burdened with broker and mail penalties, and now have all bag slots available.

Don’t worry, there are some new perks for those of you that are subscribing as well.

Gold Members:

50% XP boost
Gain faction at double the normal rate
20% discount on broker fees, mail fees, riftway fees, item repair, and housing upkeep
Can purchase 2 housing plots
In progress: Improved odds at receiving rare loot drops. (Coming in next week's update)
Your previous member benefits remain: more character slots, more bank slots, no item restrictions, 10% Marketplace discount, and 500 Station Cash per month.

You can learn more about the newly adjusted free and subscription models here. Patch notes for the update are available on the Vanguard forums.
Fingers crossed it pays SOE enough to keep it online now they've done that. I'm tempted to have a look, never did play it properly.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 AM
Planar Protector

Loved vanguard one of my top fav mmo's

had so many awesome features, its just to bad the launch was awful, and when it finally got up and proper the population was so low it was hard to play. Went back last year with a friend from p99 was still a ton of fun but little population makes it hard to group. if you need help higher levels will but thats not really how i like to experience games.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

Got a email yesterday saying Rift is completely F2P now too with no restrictions.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Got a email yesterday saying Rift is completely F2P now too with no restrictions.
Same here and I got asked to beta test the remake of the failed FFXIV
Old 06-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

After eq1 vanguard is my favorite mmo. If it had a solid population id be there.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After eq1 vanguard is my favorite mmo. If it had a solid population id be there.
I only had a midend rig, and had next to zero problems on launch. Such a shame. Dungeon crawling from 10-50 was fucking awesome. So many dungeons with incredibly cool shit to see.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:34 AM
Orc

had such high hopes for vg, i'd give it another go if there were people to roll with. The diplomacy card game was great, never leveld up high enough to see if it was actually useful.

Someone in this thread start up a guild and we can all roll together~
Old 06-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Fire Giant

Ive had it downloaded and installed through Steam for a while, unless this f2p restriction was some Beacon of Light that brought many people back, the population is Red99 ish. Not numbers wise, but in that 80% of the server is max level and max geared, veru cliquey. I logged on probably around 2 months ago and did some rabblerousing
Old 06-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same here and I got asked to beta test the remake of the failed FFXIV
played it in phase 2. Still terrible imo :/
Closed Thread