Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 09:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Need help

1st time playing a evil race, 1st time playing on this server, and 1st time playing in like 8 years... I made a necro and I'm level 3. Made the run, swim and boat ride from Paineel to Qeynos and got killed right off the boat. Now I have made the trip at least 5 times to get corpse, which I did get! My question is how do I get thru Qeynos to hunt around the city and how do I build rep to not be kos? Would delete the toon but I like playing him and some really nice people have me plat and some gear and I don't want to waste it.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:04 AM
Sarnak

Why not stay in Paineel for a while?
Hunting in the Warrens is awesome. Good xp and faction for both Paineel and Erudin.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:21 AM
Planar Protector

Under the pier that the boat doesn't moor up to there is an outlet for the old aqueducts. Go through there and you can emerge through a fake wall outside the city gates in the newbie area.

Check the wiki for maps.

Beware of pihranna and dread corpse in the sewer.
Old 06-27-2018, 07:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you
Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoojitsu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not stay in Paineel for a while?
Hunting in the Warrens is awesome. Good xp and faction for both Paineel and Erudin.
Compare turning kobold molars in vs. turning in gnoll fangs and you'll find ... there's no comparison.

My level 51 (51!) druid just turned in a stack of gnoll fangs and got a full percentage of XP from them (for the record I was trying to spawn Lord Bungle and got the fangs while waiting, so I turned them in for faction; I wasn't actually trying to get XP from Blackburrow at 51). But even when you turn molars in at the appropriate level they barely move the XP bar.

The Warrens is good for two things: getting to Stonebrunt Mountains, and fixing your Erudin/Paineel faction. It is not good for leveling, or at least not relative to Blackburrow.

Personally I wish the devs would "fix" this, since more viable newbie dungeons on more continents seems better for everyone, but I strongly suspect they've put a great deal of effort into learning how much experience both a gnoll fang and a kobold molar should give, and this is just a classic (poor) Verant decision.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-27-2018 at 12:09 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Compare turning kobold molars in vs. turning in gnoll fangs and you'll find ... there's no comparison.

My level 51 (51!) druid just turned in a stack of gnoll fangs and got a full percentage of XP from them (for the record I was trying to spawn Lord Bungle and got the fangs while waiting, so I turned them in for faction; I wasn't actually trying to get XP from Blackburrow at 51). But even when you turn molars in at the appropriate level they barely move the XP bar.

The Warrens is good for two things: getting to Stonebrunt Mountains, and fixing your Erudin/Paineel faction. It is not good for leveling, or at least not relative to Blackburrow.

Personally I wish the devs would "fix" this, since more viable newbie dungeons on more continents seems better for everyone, but I strongly suspect they've put a great deal of effort into learning how much experience both a gnoll fang and a kobold molar should give, and this is just a classic (poor) Verant decision.
This is not accurate at all. The Warrens is crazy xp. I don't know about the Kobold quest but the xp per kill is as high as it gets for those levels.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not accurate at all. The Warrens is crazy xp. I don't know about the Kobold quest but the xp per kill is as high as it gets for those levels.
I agree! The ZEM in warrens is similar to or higher than BB, there is around 3x as many mobs, and they spawn 2-3x faster than in BB. Gnoll fangs somewhat offset the slow spawns in BB, but I would take warrens over BB any day of the week.
Old 06-27-2018, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is not accurate at all.
What I said was 100% accurate; go turn in 10 molars and 10 fangs, and see how much your bar moves with each before you claim otherwise.

As for the XP from the mobs, I certainly haven't done a comprehensive survey, so I'm totally willing to believe that The Warrens have a higher ZEM than Blackburrow ... but I'm skeptical there's enough difference to counteract the fangs. Fangs add a lot to your overall XP gain, and there just isn't that much difference between the XP you get for killing one blue mob and the XP you get for killing another in a different zone.

That's just my subjective assessment though (well, and my objective assessment of the fangs/molars), so I'd welcome someone with more time/energy than me doing a test. My Erudite enchanter left Erudin a long time ago for Qeynos, and I have no desire to bring him back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree! The ZEM in warrens is similar to or higher than BB, there is around 3x as many mobs, and they spawn 2-3x faster than in BB. Gnoll fangs somewhat offset the slow spawns in BB, but I would take warrens over BB any day of the week.
Popularity is something I didn't account for, because it varies: there are large chunks of time when Blackburrow is empty or near empty and it's easy to find mobs ... but then there are certainly times where it's hard to find mobs because the zone is busy.

Of course, more people potentially means grouping instead of soloing, and potentially being able to take on more of the zone (and thus get more mobs) ... but if you're just soloing at peak times I'll grant that The Warrens might be better simply because there aren't enough gnolls to go around. But you can say the same about Befallen too (it's almost never camped, let alone over-camped), and it probably has a higher ZEM than either of the other two, yet most people would rank BB over it, because fangs are really good.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-27-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 07:33 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for the XP from the mobs, I certainly haven't done a comprehensive survey, so I'm totally willing to believe that The Warrens have a higher ZEM than Blackburrow ... but I'm skeptical there's enough difference to counteract the fangs. Fangs add a lot to your overall XP gain
The biggest difference is the sheer density and volume of mobs in Warrens, as well as a dramatically faster respawn time (6:40 vs 22:00). Fangs are great, but if there is nothing spawned that will drop them, then it is really a moot point. My experience in Blackburrow is that you go there, and there is a few level 6-12 players, as well as one in their 20's, and absolutely nothing to kill. If you go in and see more than three or four people in the zone, you may as well pop back out to Qeynos hills or Everfrost for half an hour while you wait for them to respawn. If you go there on off times, there is always some jerk level 51 druid killing everything [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread