Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-26-2023, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, you should feel ripped off. Current day P99 is nothing like classic P99. I'd really like to recreate the nostalgia of classic P99 before we had the Wiki and knew everything.
Go to the prison system, recruit 50 - 100 prisoners who have never played EQ have an offline server started up and rehabilitate them with teamwork, faction work (obeying rules) quests and rewards(jobs) etc. 60% serious suggestion.

Ya never gonna get a willing group of free people enmasse to self regulate non wiki guides and googling stuff. A few? Maybe, 50 - 100 never. Someone will always cheat.

Good luck and learn to troll better.
Old 08-27-2023, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Just remember every time you think you got pixels on P99 it was a lie because channeling is overpowered. No amount of DKP is ever going to change that.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just remember every time you think you got pixels on P99 it was a lie because channeling is overpowered. No amount of DKP is ever going to change that.
melees were OP due to no fatigue system anyways dude, its never been perfect
Old 08-27-2023, 01:57 PM
Banned

Speaking of ez mode, what I would like is a server with almost a cheat console command to give your character levels and gear. Sort of like how retail EQ gave an option to create a level 80ish char (which at the time was a bit below max) with decent gear

I would use it to test what other classes are like at high lev. The only other way would be to watch vids of them but that’s not the same as playing

And doing it on a custom server would be easier than trying to find someone and beg them to share info on acct
Old 08-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Speaking of ez mode, what I would like is a server with almost a cheat console command to give your character levels and gear. Sort of like how retail EQ gave an option to create a level 80ish char (which at the time was a bit below max) with decent gear

I would use it to test what other classes are like at high lev. The only other way would be to watch vids of them but that’s not the same as playing

And doing it on a custom server would be easier than trying to find someone and beg them to share info on acct
This already exists: several guilds even have their own servers like this for practicing raid encounters. You could easily start your own.

Of course, they're all stock EQEmu servers, which don't have the P99 tweaks, but if you just want to test a class out they should be sufficient.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-27-2023, 03:22 PM
Banned

all i want for xmas is

red2.0

and channeling code fix

or Azxten to make his DWARVES VS ELVES custom server and randomize the loot and levels a bit so its not easily wikiable! <3
Old 08-27-2023, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

The thing is randomized loot doesn't necessarily solve anything. If you just randomize once, at the server's start, then everyone just makes a new wiki for your server with all the new locations.

You could randomize constantly, and that would "solve" the wiki ... but then the game would lose a lot of its fun. You'd have the same (extremely low) chance of getting an item no matter where you went, so you'd have no reason to go anywhere. Everyone would just gravitate to the easiest camps.

To really make an "un-wikiable" server you'd have to change the itemization semi-frequently. You couldn't change too often, because you'd want players to be able to learn that certain items drop in certain areas ... but you'd have to change often enough so that once people get comfortable with a particular location for item X (and mark it in the wiki), then it would change to some other location.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-27-2023, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To really make an "un-wikiable" server you'd have to change the itemization semi-frequently. You couldn't change too often, because you'd want players to be able to learn that certain items drop in certain areas ... but you'd have to change often enough so that once people get comfortable with a particular location for item X (and mark it in the wiki), then it would change to some other location.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-27-2023, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This already exists: several guilds even have their own servers like this for practicing raid encounters. You could easily start your own.

Of course, they're all stock EQEmu servers, which don't have the P99 tweaks, but if you just want to test a class out they should be sufficient.
Hmm how could I access these? Could I with the titanium client? It’s all I have
Old 08-27-2023, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm how could I access these?
I'd talk to someone in your favorite uber-guild, as they probably have one. Alternatively you could explore random servers, looking for one with the commands/merchants to level you up and equip you appropriately. Or, you could just start your own EQ Emu server.

Quote:
Could I with the titanium client? It’s all I have
Yes. You know how when you login to the game, all of the P99 servers are listed under "Legends Servers"?

If you scroll down, you'll see the "Preferred Servers", and then if you keep scrolling you'll see the "Standard Servers". Player-/guild-run servers are in that last category.