Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Banned

perhaps to those lacking basic comprehension, to the rest of the universe it was taken as intended which is a bard = immunity the way it has been until this point the duration of beta.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Naez 4.20 Send a message via AIM to Naez 4.20 Send a message via MSN to Naez 4.20 Send a message via Yahoo to Naez 4.20

And you clearly have a problem with that. I quoted that specific topic to point out why no one should listen to you and backed it up with cold hard facts of life.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, have the bard resists been fixed? That was my main concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naez 4.20 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you clearly have a problem with that. I quoted that specific topic to point out why no one should listen to you and backed it up with cold hard facts of life.

your right, i do have a problem with a bard and low/no resist gear melees being immunte to all forms of damage but for other melees, since you know that would be under 150 or so resistance.

if you think 150 resistance should be spell immunity then your just stupid and not worth responding to.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Resist/PvP system as it stands

Did about 8 rounds of organized group PvP tonight to test resists/pvp system.. here is my personal assessment.

1) bard was banned from group pvp, Selos and general bard power was the #1 factor to winning.

2) trying to melee anyone with z-axis in play was nearly impossible

3) DD's hit way too much and way to often, I run 142 MR, 80 FR, 60 CR, everything DD wise was hitting for full damage regardless of resist type

4) snare landed 1 out of 10 on average ... with 142 MR

5) root seemed to land more often, 4 out of 10 or more

6) monks are nearly impossible to hit, miss rate was over 50%

7) warrior crit goes off once in a blue moon

End result, with current system, do yourself a favor and roll a caster or bard
Old 11-07-2011, 12:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3) DD's hit way too much and way to often, I run 142 MR, 80 FR, 60 CR, everything DD wise was hitting for full damage regardless of resist type

lol, perhaps you might try putting on some gear before complaining.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, perhaps you might try putting on some gear before complaining.
But you see I have resists ranging from 142 to 80 and so on... still regardless of resist type DD's seem to hit for full each time.

What's the point of gear exactly?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:56 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you see I have resists ranging from 142 to 80 and so on... still regardless of resist type DD's seem to hit for full each time.

What's the point of gear exactly?
142 MR would produce only a 10% chance of getting hit for full, about 40% of them would hit for 65-85% and 50% would hit for 25-35%.

80 CR would have the 10% chance to hit for full, about 58 would hit for 95-100% and 32% would hit for 45-55%

These change a bit depending on who is casting the spell and what spell is being cast but the above will be close enough to determine if gear is worth while.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:10 AM
Aviak

yea when you get 120+ in FR and CR is when you should be shielding off some of the damage from spells...thinking your at 80FR or 65CR or w.e he said and u are going to get protected from spells is just stupid....however spells shouldnt be hitting so hard and max damage so frequently that when you are at 120 R and maybe 150+ that people just rather max other stats because its not migrating enough dmg to even worry about resists...however from nulls calculations he seems to be spot on from the calculations. again i havent tested the system but from what he seems to be aiming for is pretty dam good.I think maybe tho instead of darwoths nuke hitting for 335 when that person had 160+ FR it should be hitting for 305 instead on avg that seems perfect(little less dmg but not much)...and yea root/ snare should be almost never landing when people have that high MR....root and snare is way to game changing. i think when you got over 100MR snare or root shouldnt land more then 1-2 times out of 10 casts. and when you hit your 150 MR , should be like a 3% chance of either one of those landing but when it does land it should land for full duration or w.e. however chanters should get a mez that sticks well for pvp. . . . thoughts?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
Aviak

also i think with spells doing that much damage. you should add in like smedy said when you get 100+ in that resist a 6% chance at full resists and 125 10% chance and when u get 150+ should stay at around 14%........even at 14% and your a geared out melee with 150+ in that resist chances are you wont get a full resist during that whole fight....ull probably see 1 full resist every 2 fights....3% chance on full resist and spells hitting almost full damage makes gear sort of pointless... i know we want casters to still be worthwhile when people gear out i agree with that. however you have to make people who gear up get rewarded...15% chance on full resist when u got 150+ in that resist is still better than classic i guarentee....and 335 out of a 435 nuke is too much...make it 305/435 that seems perfect... remember 150R is alot for classic.
Closed Thread