Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I very rarely speed. I don't break rules. I have never smoked a joint or done any illegal drugs at all. Have never cheated on a test or paper or anything like that, never cheated on a boyfriend.

Rules are there for a reason.
I understand what you're saying, you're a hardcore rule follower and have never broken a rule or law in your life.

Fair enough.

But if someone does get caught speeding, or smoking a joint, are they sent for capital punishment? No, they're very rarely even sent to jail for such minor offenses.

Why not give people the benefit of the doubt and suspend them once, and if caught doing it again THEN permban. Usually ones first offense isn't their last i know, but i still think a permanent ban is too harsh, especially considering the other things shitheads do that only result in warnings or short suspensions. This server needs a little love. How many regular players have been permanently banned to this point? It would be interesting to know.

Yes i read the thread on why 2boxing results in permban, but if you're going to permban for this, permban for everything. Training, Nuking through walls, Exploiting Pathing, maybe we can get the population down to 30.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand what you're saying, you're a hardcore rule follower and have never broken a rule or law in your life.

Fair enough.

But if someone does get caught speeding, or smoking a joint, are they sent for capital punishment? No, they're very rarely even sent to jail for such minor offenses.

Why not give people the benefit of the doubt and suspend them once, and if caught doing it again THEN permban. Usually ones first offense isn't their last i know, but i still think a permanent ban is too harsh, especially considering the other things shitheads do that only result in warnings or short suspensions. This server needs a little love. How many regular players have been permanently banned to this point? It would be interesting to know.

Yes i read the thread on why 2boxing results in permban, but if you're going to permban for this, permban for everything. Training, Nuking through walls, Exploiting Pathing, maybe we can get the population down to 30.
well said sir
Old 03-28-2012, 09:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Fair enough.

Its not hard to understand you lil dick man
If you wanna 2box go elsewhere or your eating a perma ban got it you clueless fuck
Old 03-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:

Fair enough.

Nice job attacking strawmen.

Quote above goes to show that our community is ripe with under educated simpletons. These people should be sought out and muzzled on the forums because ideas and opionion listed above is just flat out hard to read because of its stupidity. Learn to create an accurate analogy and not strawmen syndrome or gtfo
Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Orc

did not read thread other than skimming page 8

i am here to make sure no 1 with any sort of decision making ability is taking harrison's opinions into account for server he does not play and has said verbatim that he wants to crash and burn

#partyppl #voiceofreason #needpl
Old 03-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Fair enough.

+1 f u you cast and callinoutnoobs you guys are homo rofl
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince 7th edition [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did not read thread other than skimming page 8
How many Holo would get unbanned for this? Oh, yeah.

All points considered, I'm going to stick with my previous stance and encourage the devs to do the same. That point being..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no. that's not what it's about. I ban people for boxing because it's against the rules for them to box.

I don't like banning for boxing. I feel it is good for the server because of the following:

Some people who box....

...RMT
...hack
...cheat in other ways.

it ultimately ruins things for the average player. But the rule is nilbog and rogeans. so i uphold it.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:57 AM
Planar Protector

Some people that jaywalk are also serial killers. Some people that speed also become pedophiles.

Definitely give all jaywalkers and traffic violators mandatory 25 to life.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Banned

everyone wants bans for boxers... accept you.....

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread