Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Changes need to be GM led, otherwise taking a mish mash of our ideas will make the server all kinds of weird.

Suggestions are fine, and these weren't too terrible... but it comes down to a player's ideals versus "classic". If you want to go completely custom, expect a portion of players to ask for The Hidden Forest to do a PvP server and see how it compares [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thats just it, this idea isn't "completely custom" at all. It simply merges the ideas of teams and ffa together and makes a very limited number of concessions to allow it.

Everything else about the game would be completely classic outside of the way player teams would work.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah. I got you. Non racial teams fits much better in FP. I wasn't fully comprehending your idea.
I just went ahead and changed good team and neutral team to team 1 and team 2 for clarification. Hypothetically team 1 and team 2 could be good or neutral or be based on any other rules, but its not required. I just figured adding some distinction would provide a little flavor.
Last edited by Dullah; 09-02-2013 at 08:08 AM..
Old 09-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

which actually means spice one
Old 09-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Orchid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I brought this up on one of the other 100 team threads as well, but here I go again. Everquest 2 was hard coded teams, Qeynos vs Freeport BUT you had the option to exile from your city. Exile's could be attacked by anyone from Qeynos, Freeport, or any other Exile as well, basically a FFA team for people who are not total bluebie faggots.
Yes! And after sitting and thinking about it I think Dullahs idea is pretty much spot on perfect.

Dullah +9000 dev points from me. This idea is the best way to implement a mix of hardcoded, softcoded teams. Sirken please comment on this idea. Yay or nay... we know you don't speak for the entire staff. But is anyone important reading these gems?
Old 09-02-2013, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Team 1 : Able to fight against both team 2 and team 3. Has the advantage of being protected from team members. Team would be a custom choice and not dictated by race, class or deity. Any race/class combination would be accepted into any team. Team 1 could possibly be given the "good" team designation for flavor.

Team 2: Team 2 works like team 1 for all intents and purposes. Team 2 could be given the "neutral" team designation. Custom starter cities could be given to reflect their team and to place them in a closer proximity to their members, but thats completely optional and unnecessary.

Team 3 (discord): This team's players not only fights team 1 (good?) and team 2 (neutral?), but can also fight each other. In exchange for the ability to attack anyone, being a discord player would come with heavy constraints.

Some ideas would be allowing team1/team2 to group, rez, port, or possibly cross heal one another, but still be able to attack each other. The discord team, on the other hand, get no help from anyone, no out-of-team group capabilities, no ability to give or receive healing outside of their team.

(Optional) In addition, the discord team could be allocated only 1 city where they could bank/train/vendor (think outlaw city in Darkfall), probably Qeynos or Freeport (has most class trainer except shaman - would need custom spell/trainer npcs to be added). The only non-classic faction adjustment would be bumping discord players who would normally be 'ready to attack' to dubious in the discord city (apprehensive to vendors/trainers/bankers). To prevent players from losing access to quests, discord players should have normal faction with other cities according to their race/class/deity, only unable to interact with vendors etc.

Designating a city or cities to any of the factions would be completely optional, but would make for a lot of fun city warfare and give team1 and team2 a common cause in defeating the evil discord team.

Essentially, the discord team would be the evil scourge of the earth, much like the PKs of rallos zek or the pks in Ultima Online. Regardless of the quarrels of the major alliances on RZ or UO, everyone killed the random PKs without mercy.

If peoples motives were in the right place, some variation of this system should appease everyone. This model provides two protected teams from which players could establish guilds and cultivate alliances. Then it allows a faction for players who prefer FFA and those who don't want to deal with the countless ways to grief players using teams. Its a win, win.

--
Other possible ideas (optional):

The discord team would be similar to that of the red (pk) player in Ultima Online, where being a criminal comes at a cost.

Discord players could suffer a greater penalty upon dying in PvP such as a debuff for X amount of time.

Players in the discord team could be subject to attacks by players in a larger range. Custom rules would have to come into play like those suggested by Rogean involving out of range healing. If you attack a discord player outside of normal range, you'll be subject to attacks from all discord players of that same range for a certain period of time.

Players from Team 1 or 2 can freely PK Discord players anywhere without faction hits (assuming faction hits will be a part of a teams server (they should be)).

Assuming faction works properly, a guard may assist a discord player in the discord city if he has the higher faction, but if you kill that player without provocation, you suffer no faction hit.

A discord player receives no faction hit for killing players of any team (including their own) in the discord city.

If you kill a discord player in any city, you suffer no faction hit regardless if you were the aggressor.

If a discord player kills a player as the aggressor in any city other than the discord city, they receive a faction hit.

Discord players cannot bind in any racial capital other than the discord city. Binding anywhere else including OT or FV should be fine.

More ideas to come.
Sounds good so far. The whole murderer dynamic has never really been replicated since Ultima Online, and it is a shame since it was so awesome. My only suggestion would be to give the Discord team (and only the Discord team) the ability to loot 1 droppable item with each killshot.

They should be portrayed as feared murderers/pks for a reason; and people are always afraid to lose gear.

With the risk of choosing the Discord team, also comes the rewards.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=120312

This is all we need.

If a 3rd p1999 server were to exist, it should be an actual DISCORD server (first time you die = your character is automatically reset back to low level and you lose all equip/bank). That kind of server would reset every month. It would be a monthly competition of who can maintain the highest level on the server. Top 10 finishers would be published at the end of every month. The tie-breaker could be who killed the most people within an appropriate level range.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

Take note GM's very little flame warring going on here =) a very good consensus.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem Orchid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I brought this up on one of the other 100 team threads as well, but here I go again. Everquest 2 was hard coded teams, Qeynos vs Freeport BUT you had the option to exile from your city. Exile's could be attacked by anyone from Qeynos, Freeport, or any other Exile as well, basically a FFA team for people who are not total bluebie faggots.
Thats actually almost exactly what this would be. I only played EQ 2 for a few weeks, so I didn't remember this. Its really a perfect scenario and the only teams option I'd have any interest in playing. Theres something for everyone in it, and the FFA or discord option would be hard enough that not everyone would be able to handle it. Of course, in this community the idea isn't taking off because people have ulterior motives in suggesting a teams server.

Think outside of the box people.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_PVP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds good so far. The whole murderer dynamic has never really been replicated since Ultima Online, and it is a shame since it was so awesome. My only suggestion would be to give the Discord team (and only the Discord team) the ability to loot 1 droppable item with each killshot.

They should be portrayed as feared murderers/pks for a reason; and people are always afraid to lose gear.

With the risk of choosing the Discord team, also comes the rewards.
If the discord team could loot an item, you should also be able to loot an item off them should you kill them. I just don't think item loot fits into the bluer server being proposed which is being created largely to attract more non-pvp players.
Last edited by Dullah; 09-02-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Old 09-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the discord team could loot and item, you should also be able to loot an item off them should you kill them.
Wowowow... perfect. <3
Closed Thread