Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-24-2013, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Default Running multiple clients with wine.

Recently have been playing some other servers again and have been wanting
To box. Currently I just have 3 diff wrappers and 3 installs. That works fine. Was wondering if anyone else has some suggestions for how to pull this off.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Think you're misunderstanding. Not asking how to cycle through my clients. I was wondering if there was a way to just use one wrapper and one directory. Don't really want 3 installs on my computer.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Use WinEQ2 and open as many copies as you like
Old 07-26-2013, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

You can't box on P99, might I suggest attempting to ask the Linux question on the other server's board or on the eqemulator forums?

For what its worth, when I am swapping accounts, I have one wrapper and 1 install of P99 within that wrapper and I can launch multiple copies of the eqgame.exe without issue. But I'm never passed the server select on more than one instance of P99 at a time since I don't have an IP exemption. What issues are you encountering running P99 from a single install?

Back when R99 first launched, I could run both a P99 and R99 client from the same install path without issue, maybe a split second of lag swapping between windows, but nothing to complain about.
Old 07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't box on P99, might I suggest attempting to ask the Linux question on the other server's board or on the eqemulator forums?

For what its worth, when I am swapping accounts, I have one wrapper and 1 install of P99 within that wrapper and I can launch multiple copies of the eqgame.exe without issue. But I'm never passed the server select on more than one instance of P99 at a time since I don't have an IP exemption. What issues are you encountering running P99 from a single install?

Back when R99 first launched, I could run both a P99 and R99 client from the same install path without issue, maybe a split second of lag swapping between windows, but nothing to complain about.
He did say "Other servers" I assume what he is attempting to do is play on P99 and other servers at the same time which would require multiple installs because of the different required files to play on each server. Unless it has changed, you can play on p99 blue and red at the same time legally and or EZ server, etc. The only way to achieve this without issues really is to just keep using different installs. If you are playing all on the same server, you can use the same install and you can also check if the server is ok to run on titanium and just use the eqemu launcher to do it all for you if you ever swap back to p99.
Last edited by Brad_mo123; 07-26-2013 at 03:08 PM..
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_mo123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He did say "Other servers" I assume what he is attempting to do is play on P99 and other servers at the same time which would require multiple installs because of the different required files to play on each server. Unless it has changed, you can play on p99 blue and red at the same time legally and or EZ server, etc. The only way to achieve this without issues really is to just keep using different installs. If you are playing all on the same server, you can use the same install and you can also check if the server is ok to run on titanium and just use the eqemu launcher to do it all for you if you ever swap back to p99.
Read the OP then read like the first 3 responses and was like " Are these people even reading the question?". Glad you did though and gave him the right answer.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragonmist

Checkout ISBOXER http://isboxer.com/

The only thing you need 2 installs is one for live one for emu. But you shouldn't need separate ones unless your going into a mad frenzy mass gaming multiple server spree LOL
Old 07-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

I think most all of you have failed to realize i am using the macOS except brad. So, Brad, when i tried to run multiple version of the client just using the 1 wrapper nothing happens when i click on the icon. What do you do to make this work?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

Duplicate your everquest folder for each client you want to open.. when you open up the copies, they should open in their own windows. At least it worked when I tried that with that awful sleeper server. I'm saying this as a mac user btw

Remember, no boxing on p99!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

May I ask why the desire to have just one wrapper? I'm guessing just to save space?

I'm not a mac user, but I'm pretty confident you do indeed need to keep 3 different installs, if for no other reason than most servers have custom files you need to play on them.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior