Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

With regards to regen vs. stun immunity; if you don't mind playing as a blob. It really depends on why you are playing the class, i play a shaman because i love the versatility and i would argue we are the most powerful class through velious in terms of soloing (challenged only by maybe an enchanter). Having said that, regen is more useful if you're in a full group where you are less likely to be taking hits unless you screw up and slow a mob too early or your monk brings a massive train. Stun immunity is infinitely more useful solo or in duo/trio situations however, which is where i think shaman really get to show their true power.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Sarnak

btw, not to say that trolls arent a good choice, its a matter of preference and play style

If you want to have benefits of some extra mana while leveling up, go with troll.

If you want to have benefits of being very powerful end game, and want some insurance on when things get out of control and need to do some emergency casting than go with ogre.

Both are great picks
Old 11-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Fire Giant

When it comes down to it

Min/maxing:

Solo/duo/trio:

Ogre

full group/raids:

Troll...hell even iksar come velious.

When everything's said and done you aren't going to lose groups based on your race. Play what you want and have fun on the server, it's a great experience.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Planar Protector

It sounds like you are decided on a Shaman. It is probably the more popular pick. As a level 41 Monk, I would personally rather have a Druid with me at all times. My guess is you are going to play more and level up faster than your girlfriend. A Druid can do this and still go back to powerlevel up a Monk. A Shaman isn't quite as good at powerleveling although still viable. You can go off to whatever zone as a Druid and port back to where your gf is when she logs on. Just something to think about on choosing.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Lots of good info on here guys...If everyone is as respectful in game when expressing their opinion as they have been in this thread, then this should be a truly enjoyable experience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Fire Giant

Ogres wearing chain armor look like a giant dirty wad of silly putty. Best reason to go Troll.
Barbarians are just too skinny and run like they have a 2x4 up their ass. Unless you like cross-dressing ... the females are OK.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like you are decided on a Shaman. It is probably the more popular pick. As a level 41 Monk, I would personally rather have a Druid with me at all times. My guess is you are going to play more and level up faster than your girlfriend. A Druid can do this and still go back to powerlevel up a Monk. A Shaman isn't quite as good at powerleveling although still viable. You can go off to whatever zone as a Druid and port back to where your gf is when she logs on. Just something to think about on choosing.
This is actually terrific advice. Slow doesn't really enter into the equation until late 30's/early 40's as a mana efficient means of defense, and haste doesn't come available until 29?

Druid's DS would be just as functional at low levels for additional DPS, and snares are very handy in Dungeons.

I'd say a Druid is just as functional a Duo partner until 35 or 40 when the Shaman truely outpaces them. But the ability to power-level when your partner lags behind can't be understated.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Make a shaman and monk duo and ill make an alt twink monk and trio with u guys and lvl u up fast as long as u form your hours around mine that is PM me your ingame name and ill msg u ( i have higher lvl druid that can port u 2 around as well )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not game breaking.
See you at Lodizal or the WW lesser dragons...
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Btw i play 4-10ish eastern time

Quote:
Dont forget im damaged goods now
Quote:
Nobody is perfect, including the staff.
Closed Thread