Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok let me get this straight:

1. A guild swooping down on a boss after it spawns (within minutes to hours-depending on when the boss spawns) means they got no jobs, no lives and no gf and are bums. Check

2. A guild "camping" an empty room for 24 hours means they got jobs, have important lives and have multiple girlfriends while being immensely successful in life. Check.
this is not necessarily true, and are only taunting words. you should know a little of that by know from your many trollers. either way, if it is not true, dont let it get to you.

Quote:
3. Rotation is "fair" provided your one of the guilds "in" the rotation. Check.
i believe that is correct, and as soon as an outside guild was introduced, this rotation would not work, which is why it was taken out.

Quote:
4. Rotation is NOT fair and we (trans) have been bitching diligently ever since it got implemented. Check.
your dramatizing this.
Quote:
5. Trans is better than IB in every aspect, we talked the talk and haven't said anything when rotation got lifted to prove we are better. Check
6. After getting our (trans) ass kicked the current system must be flawed as there's no way IB can be better then us. Check.
same thing
Quote:
7. Had we (trans) been dominating the raid content AFTER rotation got lifted we would have made sure to keep crying to change this "unfair" system. As we're all for the having "everyone and their mom" get boss kills every week. Check.
probably not to be honest with you. but i assure you someone with balls woulda have spoken up.

Quote:
9. How does IB keep killing a boss before other guilds? They must be hacking no other explanation. Check.
you guys have put in hard work to track down mobs. i just want to promote FAIRNESS and COMPETITION to its fullest, as that was the main intent of the new rotation, and that lies with classical rotation.

Quote:
10. We're (trans) telling you guys that such hacks exist and in fact will promote people to use it just to prove a point that the system is vulnerable. Once again we would have stated such things EVEN if trans were the ones killing all the bosses. Check.
we're not promoting the use of hacks, infact, we are doing everything to prevent it.

Quote:
I could go on forever.... see the current system IS fair to all guilds. There were many times when IB was beat to a boss and lost our rights to the first attempt. We only got the kill after X guilds failed in their attempts, something that over time the other guilds will quickly pick up and before long other guilds will be killing their share.

The biggest joke in this whole issue is how Trans talked so much crap about how awesome they are then goes on to claim they really are a casual guild with average joe's best interest at heart. If everyone killing all the bosses every week was so important to you guys then why not just run your own private server? You can pop Nag every hour on the hour to get the "thrill" of killing X boss after 10years.

Not all raiding guilds are the same. To be successful you need people that are ALL on the same page. Something that a lot of the raiding guilds out there have a hard time building. IB is not "better" then any guilds out there. We just happen to be a bunch of individuals that all want the same things and believe in pulling our own weight to make it happen.

Lastly, this hacking thing is REALLY getting out of hand. I know you guys are arguing for the sake of arguing but it's really ridiculous to read some of the crap being posted here. You can even ask your ex trans guildmates that ended up joining us. Nobody in IB is hacking to spawn a boss, or predict when a boss spawns or w/e other nonsense you all believe in. It's called setting up a rotation of trackers (hard work omg) to mobilizing as quickly as we can. For a guild that's willing to sit in front of a boss 24 hours, I'm surprised you guys are having such a rough time figuring out when a boss pops.
I'll hit the keypoints among this whinefest. Yes, you, Inglourious Basterds, are better campers than we are. congratulations. and since this is the case, you guys should have no problem moving to classical rotation, where even MORE camping is encouraged, if wanted, and eliminate all possibility of third party software being an issue for, yes hear me out, NOT JUST YOUR GUILD, but any other guild that might hit the raiding scene.
Mythoxxus
Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

did you just refer to this abortion of a thread that you created a "whinefest?"
Old 03-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taluvill: It strikes me that max's main point in the first post was to say that potential cheating via predicting raid mob spawns was the main reason that spawn varience sucks. Rogean has said that that is not possible. Has the point shifted or ???
No, my main point is, IF WE ARE TRYING TO PROMOTE FAIRNESS AND COMPETITION (nilbog), this lies in the classical system of everquest rotation, and not spawn variance.

Yes, while potentially we could be eliminating any use of cheats by using classic everquest, this is only a perk.

The camping in spawn variance seems to be exactly the same as the camping in classical rotation. which means we're back to square one. with more possibilities of third party software.

Mythoxxus
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't disagree with you. I just think a varied spawn timer gives everyone an equal chance at being the first to find a mob spawned and act accordingly.

Even if every player on the server knew Naggy will spawn at 10:22am Monday morning, you'll still have drama about who was there first and who trained who while clearing fire giants, etc etc. With the variance, there's seems to be more of a cut and dry 'who was there first' (to me at least). Again, there is no one solution that will be 100% fair to everyone, we're just working with the lesser of the evils.
Disagreements are always gonna be struck, but drama does not have to prevail everywhere. lets start acting like adults, and respect each other in game, without GMs having to babysit us over any dispute, which is what is happening anyways with vague spawn variance rules.

Quote:
Divinity has not killed Vox or Innoruuk due to the varied spawn time yet. We've had our chances and due to whatever reason at the time we couldn't gather the force needed to down these mobs before someone else did. It sucks, but I accept that as part of the game.
as does Transcendence.
Quote:
IB puts in the work and the hours required to have these mobs on lockdown. I'd love to be able to say they have GM help or use hacks, but it's simply not true. Every time I check Vox or Naggy on my tracker, IB is there waiting. If that's how they choose to spend their time in-game, then that's ok with me. They have been rewarded for that time spent tracking and camping mob spawns. I, along with a lot of my guildmates choose to spend our time doing other things, and it comes at the cost of not killing as many raid bosses.
yes indeed, IB is master campers, once again, congrats. lets take it to the next level for them then, and increase camping time, to actually give them a challenge, since they are masters in this field.

Quote:
I also think this is a temporary problem. Right now there are few enough real raid bosses that one dedicated guild can keep them on lockdown. Come Plane of Air and Kunark that will no longer be the case.
I wanna agree with you, but i believe the dramafest will continue with the current system, until we can start acting like adults, and GMs leave it be for classical purposes. Earn your respect in game, and be respected by others.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Mythoxxus read my post and stop whining this is getting old.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree with Trimm....go ahead and quote that.

The point that you guys are missing is that this ISN'T WoW with instanced zones where you can pick and choose which mob to kill at whatever time. In original EQ as well as in this project if you weren't a dedicated raider, you didn't have a good chance to kill the big raid mobs.
I don't know what WOW has anything to do with this thread. never played it, not interested in it.
Quote:
The end game of EQ wasn't built to appeal to the casual player who only had a few hours per day to play....mobs just didn't give you that option.
very true.
Quote:
IB chooses to spend their free time doing what the top end guild on any server would/has done: making sure they are online to kill the raid mobs. This isn't anything new and if you are looking for an easy way out then there is always WoW for you.
Once again, not looking for an easy way out, or WOW, just making it more classical and challenging for everyone.

Quote:
If you can't compete on the same level as IB, bow your head and admit defeat. If you want to kill a raid mob, put in the dedication that those guys do and you might possibly get your kill. Also, stop putting out the notion that people in IB or whatever guilds have no lives. I bet if you look at the time played, they put in the same hours as any other person on this server. They just pick and choose the time to play when a raid mob spawns.
/bows head. No i cannot compete with the amount of camping you guys do. I admit defeat.

Quote:
Putting raid mobs on a static spawn would not solve anything, it would just cause even MORE problems than there already is due to arguments over who got there first and guilds training other guilds.
Have you been amongst the raiding scene yet? you could not be more wrong, and if people wanna act immature about certain situations, let the players handle that in their own manner.

Quote:
Stop QQing in an attempt to build your post count!
It's been my dream ever since i was little to have the HIGHEST post count in a threadsite, although you have one more post than i do, you rat bastard. dont ruin my dreams =p.

Thanks for the input.
Last edited by Maximus; 03-16-2010 at 03:23 PM..
Old 03-16-2010, 03:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QQ on this thread: |----------------------X--|

pewpew on this thread: |--X----------------------|

become a better guild and stop blaming others for your own shortcomings. You've gotten your ass handed to you on this thread by GMs as well as other guilds, and instead of going back and saying "ok guys we need to work better as a unit, let's practice this and this" you continue to whine.

Our guild decided a long time ago that we were going to grind you whiney assholes into the ground, and already most of your douchebaggy leadership has done the whole "i'm gonna play another game i never liked that one anyways" thing. You should too.
Sounds familiar Karsten. what happened to VZ/TZ?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

You wanted other people throw their input in and you got what you asked for. I think you have a problem with just accepting it and letting this issue go.

I'm not in IB, sorry to burst your bubble.

Ive done raids here on the server, yes, and high end raiding on live. I don't believe I'm wrong because you guys have done a considerable amount of whining about raid mobs since Transcendence has reached raiding point. The other guilds have accepted the fact that IB is tough as nails to beat to a mob, but take it as a challenge.

Good luck on your raid at 6pm tonight though.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wanted other people throw their input in and you got what you asked for. I think you have a problem with just accepting it and letting this issue go.

I'm not in IB, sorry to burst your bubble.

Ive done raids here on the server, yes, and high end raiding on live. I don't believe I'm wrong because you guys have done a considerable amount of whining about raid mobs since Transcendence has reached raiding point. The other guilds have accepted the fact that IB is tough as nails to beat to a mob, but take it as a challenge.

Good luck on your raid at 6pm tonight though.
Cool thanks.
Back to FAIREST AND MOST COMPETITIVE rotation conversation. Classical rotation has my vote.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

It isn't fair...cry...fix it....cry. If you spent as much time playing as crying maybe you would get some raid mobs. What is it with you stop bitching and play.
In the words of Karsten less QQ more pew pew.
As a side note this is not a shot at trans most of you guys have been cool but these whiners on the forums give a bad impression
Closed Thread