Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbaby Jesus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you're on the right track then. If BDA continues contesting mobs like that for quite a while you guys might have something to talk to TMO about then. The problem is keeping the raid force in for thr duration. People will get burnt out from the contested mobs and stop showing up. Then TMO wins again. I went through the same thing with VD. We even did the ol' memblurring thing in VP for a while to try and force our way in there. That was a pretty horrible idea as it backfired and jsut pissed them off way worse lol.
Right, and it shouldn't be like this. What does Asgard, Acyrid, FC, FV etc have to look forward to? This shit isn't fun, there's no skill involved seeing which way VS or Trak sways to determine who deserves the kill, it's stupid that the status quo is training in VP.

The GMs have taken a hands off approach, and I don't blame them, the situation is entirely stupid. This is why I propose a boycott of TMO, they are the guild refusing to play ball.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rotation with specific rules would fix this entirely and I'm willing to bet every single guild would agree except for TMO.
I'm willing to bet every single person in this country would vote to split Oprah's millions evenly except for Oprah. She must be the bad guy. Boycott Oprah imo.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, and it shouldn't be like this. What does Asgard, Acyrid, FC, FV etc have to look forward to? This shit isn't fun, there's no skill involved seeing which way VS or Trak sways to determine who deserves the kill, it's stupid that the status quo is training in VP.
And I completely agree with you which is why I stopped playing Rustytaco and started leveling a new cleric, helped make this guild, and I'm fighting in this thread for change.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 09-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilakje [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm willing to bet every single person in this country would vote to split Oprah's millions evenly except for Oprah. She must be the bad guy. Boycott Oprah imo.
This is only accurate if a) Wealth were truly zero sum; and b) Oprah would go to entrepreneurs trying to generate wealth and file legal injunctions against them, or perhaps burn down their businesses.

A better example would perhaps be Microsoft's monopoly of the browser market last decade based upon the fact that 99% of the world's computers ran Windows. I believe the courts concluded they were, in fact, the bad guys, and forced them to change their policies.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Fire Giant

But I'm not going to deny TMO buffs, rezzes, groups, or whatever else because they aren't sharing raid pixels with me. My guild will eventually be trying to take targets from them and I have plans for how to do it which may or may not work, in the mean time I'll keep helping with the push for no variance or whatevs.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 09-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilakje [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oprah's not keeping anyone from getting pixels.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

The GMs have taken a hands off approach, and I don't blame them, the situation is entirely stupid. This is why I propose a boycott of TMO, they are the guild refusing to play ball.
There shouldn't be any talkings of boycotting TMO, they aren't the problem. all that's gonna do is piss the GM's off and toss this thread into RnF.

The server as a whole has a crappy variance, everyone doesn't like it and its the main cause of why i posted. Not to sit here and start a pissing match like children...most all of us are adults here and it's time we start acting like it.
[78 Monk] Kobrakai (Iksar) <The Chosen Few> (EZ Server)
- See you soon, Space Cowboy.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Fire Giant

I wish this hadn't devolved to TMO bashing/defending. It's so incredibly naive to blame TMO. Before TMO, TR did the same thing. Before TR, DA did it. Before DA did it, IB did it. It's not about the guild; it's about the rules. The way the rules are set up, you're far better off forming a mega-guild with 100 active members and dominating content in order to share loot. Nilbog wonders why the guilds on P99 are so massive compared to Live? Because on P99, UNLIKE ON CLASSIC, you can dominate 90+% of the raid content given a big enough guild. There's no incentive to compete. Joining up and splitting everything with a prohibitive monopoly on the end-game is far more pixel-lucrative than tracking 96 hour windows with a reasonably sized guild and risking not getting the kill. On Live, that type of monopoly wasn't possible. Everyone knew when mobs were spawning; having 100 members was only a slight advantage over having 30. It didn't make sense to carry dead weight that would absorb loot.

TMO has acted 100% rationally. By accepting anyone with a pulse, they can keep every raid target tracked 24/7 through windows, and they can ensure sufficient turn-out at any time with a batphone. By getting 90% of the loot, it's very easy to keep everyone happy despite the big numbers. If all of a sudden rules changed and they were getting 40% of the loot with 100 active members, they'd either split or slowly bleed members until we saw something much more similar to Live: 3-4 mid-sized guilds all engaged in the end-game.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish this hadn't devolved to TMO bashing/defending. It's so incredibly naive to blame TMO. Before TMO, TR did the same thing. Before TR, DA did it. Before DA did it, IB did it. It's not about the guild; it's about the rules. The way the rules are set up, you're far better off forming a mega-guild with 100 active members and dominating content in order to share loot. Nilbog wonders why the guilds on P99 are so massive compared to Live? Because on P99, UNLIKE ON CLASSIC, you can dominate 90+% of the raid content given a big enough guild. There's no incentive to compete. Joining up and splitting everything with a prohibitive monopoly on the end-game is far more pixel-lucrative than tracking 96 hour windows with a reasonably sized guild and risking not getting the kill. On Live, that type of monopoly wasn't possible. Everyone knew when mobs were spawning; having 100 members was only a slight advantage over having 30. It didn't make sense to carry dead weight that would absorb loot.

TMO has acted 100% rationally. By accepting anyone with a pulse, they can keep every raid target tracked 24/7 through windows, and they can ensure sufficient turn-out at any time with a batphone. By getting 90% of the loot, it's very easy to keep everyone happy despite the big numbers. If all of a sudden rules changed and they were getting 40% of the loot with 100 active members, they'd either split or slowly bleed members until we saw something much more similar to Live: 3-4 mid-sized guilds all engaged in the end-game.
Emphasis added.

Thank you for steering us back on track.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yay, more classic. Let's see it happen!
Closed Thread