Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

Well, I pushed along with 2hb recently and discovered that :

1. Its really painfully slow to start.
2. Once I got past around 35 skill or so, it suddenly sped up to what I remember as normal rates.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Aviak

My alt is a SK and my weapon skills defense skills all go up fine in the time it takes to level just because it isn't maxing out at level 5 don't mean that skill ups are broken. Melee classes are harder to play anyway especially if you're using a rusty sword and keep trying to fight even cons.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My alt is a SK and my weapon skills defense skills all go up fine in the time it takes to level just because it isn't maxing out at level 5 don't mean that skill ups are broken. Melee classes are harder to play anyway especially if you're using a rusty sword and keep trying to fight even cons.
Nah... I have strictly been using a Granite Face Grinder with a RBG on my paladin (level 5 now) and the weaponskills are not increasing reasonably... For all the trash mobs I killed to reach five he has something like 8 2HB since level 1. I have made several melee characters on this server and never had they had this problem. Something is broken.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Aviak

HAHAHAHA I called it level 5 complaining about his skill levels!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

That skills will raise somewhat faster on low-level characters has already been confirmed for the next patch, so not even the devs think everything is peachy now.

Danth
Old 06-04-2012, 09:40 AM
Aviak

Oh really? So it's not just because people complain that come from fast games or other servers? It's because after all this time of these servers running they just now realized that is a problem. You must be right.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAHAHAHA I called it level 5 complaining about his skill levels!
Of course I'm going to complain that the skill ups are broken at level 5... The lower levels are the easiest times to keep them all capped. It's important start them early. I wouldn't want to be in my 20s with 18 2HB trying to solo? I've kept skills capped since level 1 on all my melee characters and suddenly I am unable to cap a single weaponskill. Little strange eh? I find you silly sir.

Quote:
Oh really? So it's not just because people complain that come from fast games or other servers? It's because after all this time of these servers running they just now realized that is a problem. You must be right.
No. Something broke last patch. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Last edited by Bohab; 06-04-2012 at 09:53 AM..
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah... I have strictly been using a Granite Face Grinder with a RBG on my paladin (level 5 now) and the weaponskills are not increasing reasonably... For all the trash mobs I killed to reach five he has something like 8 2HB since level 1. I have made several melee characters on this server and never had they had this problem. Something is broken.
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. Not only are you level 5, but you're level 5 twinked with a kunark-era sebs weapon. And you think it's odd that you have such low weapon skill?

I'd like to inform you that not only are you killing a mob faster with higher damage than most level 5's have (3-5 average), meaning fewer hits as it is, but you're doing it with less weapon swings (higher delay from 2hb).

That'd almost be comparable to me crying about defense at level 5 when I was wearing a 25 point damage shield the entire time.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardalicious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. Not only are you level 5, but you're level 5 twinked with a kunark-era sebs weapon. And you think it's odd that you have such low weapon skill?

I'd like to inform you that not only are you killing a mob faster with higher damage than most level 5's have (3-5 average), meaning fewer hits as it is, but you're doing it with less weapon swings (higher delay from 2hb).

That'd almost be comparable to me crying about defense at level 5 when I was wearing a 25 point damage shield the entire time.
That's fine. And that I completely understand. But again I've twinked many characters and never had an issue with weaponskill skilling up? If I swap to a cracked staff, won't make a lick of difference.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohab [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I swap to a cracked staff, won't make a lick of difference.
Apparently you didn't understand the contents of my post.

A cracked staff has what... 5 damage?

And a lower albeit negligible delay difference.

Your weapon has damage over what, 20? (Capped at level 5, I know)

Meaning it's taking you FAR LONGER to kill a mob with a cracked staff than a face grinder. Meaning you're swinging at it far many more times. Meaning you're getting far many more chances at a weapon skill up.
Closed Thread