Sarnak

Current p99 ruleset and enforcement of ruleset:

Diherrea

In a dumpster

On a hot day
Old 03-19-2017, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buriedpast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't want poopsocking.

Right now Azure Gard has 7 people in Kael staring at a wall.

No one is stopping you doing a self imposed 5hr lockout to set the standard, and ask the rest do. Instead you immediately become what you don't like.
Why are you taking comments so literally? We hate poopsocking doesn't mean 100% of the members, there are some willing to do it. As a whole, the majority will not commit to it. Like when people here are saying, "the casuals aren't competing", I can throw out dates of FTEs scored or I can read between the lines and see they mean vast majority of the time we aren't on the line.

And about us self imposing a 5hr lock out as an example? Laughable really, is equivalent of aftermath starting at very back wall of ToV zone in to race. You think Awakened is going to start at the same area or start at the agreed upon starting line? Some things need to be agreed to first before being put into action.

Regardless, CSG has set the example of negotiating rotations and mob splitting during suspensions to ease the racing madness more times than I can count... Not seeing a whole lot of that from anyone else at the top. Sure there is tunare agreement, but mark my words that is going to fall apart once you get more players in the rotation (just like VP) because the top dogs won't want to wait 2 months for one shot at loot.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:55 PM
Kobold

Any AG poopsocking are probably playing on takp while they do it. Smart!
Old 03-19-2017, 07:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any AG poopsocking are probably playing on takp while they do it. Smart!
I give it a week till cross-server boxing is petitioned and against the rules [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Fire Giant

what is "alt-tabbing" anyways? Is it a reference to dual boxing?
Old 03-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alt tab jumping. It's the practice of hitting jump, then clicking out of your EQ window to massively drop your frame rate instantly, allowing your character to jump further than should be possible. Since player characters move faster while airborne from the jump. Competent alt tab jumpers will gain an advantage in foot races against those that just strafe run or run normally.

At least I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. If anyone were to dual box on this server they'd have to use 2 PCs and VPN for minimal risk. "Alt-tabbing" refers to alt-tab jumping. I explained the mechanics of it in a previous post, as well as a few other Titanium client oddities. I bolded the most relevant bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not speed-hacking, just manipulating frame rates. Basically a few things are determined by your frame rate in this game, most notably levitate mechanics, mouse-turn speed, how high you jump out of water, and fall speed. The higher your FPS, the slower you fall, slower you turn, and the slower you lose height while levitating. When you jump, you get a boost straight ahead of your character. AFAIK, you also lose forward speed the longer you are airborne. When you alt-tab out of the game, your FPS in the client drops pretty low.

The fabled alt-tab jump works by jumping to gain forward speed, alt tab out while airborne to fall faster to minimize de-acceleration, then tab back in before you land to continue running at full speed.

You can also manipulate your frame rate to prevent fall damage (if you click levitate while airborne at around 100fps, you can actually get stuck in the air for a bit), as well as being able to stay levitated very high in the air without falling much. Frame-rate manipulation can be used to climb walls while levitating through cleverly timed alt tabs.

I think most of the above is common knowledge to people who have played on various titanium or pre-titanium EQ clients though.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

Ok that makes sense thanks for clearing that up. First time I had seen the term used in regards to FTE racing. I did know about it being used for wall climbing and have done that myself way back in the day to backdoor to Lady Vox in permafrost.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Banned

wow. all this upset just because Auld Lang Syne has got a chance to kill some dragons.

didn't read thread (except for nice cucumbers post under OP)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Auld Lang Syne

Only thing worth reading in this thread

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread