Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not mad. But I am an ass. You can tell if I get mad easy enough. I don't post.

I cant stand stupid ppl.

But I do feel motivated to figure out a few new mechanics. Some of which are cool. Some of which suck.

H
Get my number from Rogean (if he still has it, hes scared of criminals) and ill help ya out on this.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog
Sorry, that just doesn't seem 'omg way too far over the line' as you are making it out to be
You know, I went back and looked at your posts, and you're completely right, they're all very polite and respectful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't believe you are sitting here blaming players for your poorly written code
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipdog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a dev causing a major fuck-up that is causing grief to hundreds of people.
Quote:
The fact is, Haynar released code that has caused all of us grief, without even the slightest bit of testing.
Quote:
when a developer makes a blatant fuck up like not even testing their own code
Quote:
this shit shouldn't have happened and only sloppy devs would let something like this happen.
Quote:
The fact is though, this was a super sloppy bug fix that should never have hit live servers without testing and that is my opinion and I don't really care if a volunteer developer's feelings gets hurt for some honest criticism.
Quote:
maybe if the devs didn't live in a 'everybody sucking up to them and thanking them profusely even when they blatantly fuck things up
And then your latest post is just as respectful:

Quote:
it was a major fuck-up to not test the code at all and you should be able to apologize to the player base for the oversight ... isn't doing anything but making you look pathetic.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know, I went back and looked at your posts, and you're completely right, they're all very polite and respectful

Bro you wasted your time quoting that? Let it go bro server is up. Me, I will be playing farcry 3 blood dragon 4 shits and giggles
Old 03-13-2014, 02:30 PM
Developer

I am gonna go help my wife decorate cupcakes.

H
Old 03-13-2014, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

H
Sounds fun, enjoy
Old 03-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

H
Haynar srs question. Is your name something backwards like 1/2 the other devs.
Old 03-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
So does this mean I actually will get some testers now? Instead of coding and testing it all myself.

I got new pet aggro code on test. Any feedback on that.

There are more pathing changes. Who did I get most feedback from? Rogean.

I work full time. I am not some poopsocking neckbeard, who strokes his epenis, and get off by coding on this project.

Sure, you can flip me crap about putting in a bug. But it wont motivate me to drop everything and fix it. Will do quite the opposite actually.

Have a nice day. Got another pathing bug to work on.

H
Ok so this off topic from the original post but:

I'm still relatively new to the server. I did not know there was a testing server?? Where is it at? Are there notes posted about what is currently on it that needs testing somewhere? Is there a forum or email somewhere to send feedback about such things that need testing? Are there any functions in place to accelerate / auto grant levels / spells and such to facilitate being able to test those things, or maybe a character copy or something?

I'm a developer myself and have been thinking about poking some EMU code and sending some stuff over just to help out. But I'd also consider spend some time on a testing server to help out as well if there is something set up to facilitate doing that.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not know there was a testing server?? Where is it at?
I'm not sure where the "normal" test server is, but the Velious test server (which certainly needs testing) is available from the server selection screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there notes posted about what is currently on it that needs testing somewhere?
I think for now the answer is just "Velious", but the idea of making a specific testing list just came up in a thread recently, and at least one GM thought it was a good idea, so we may have one soon.

Quote:
Is there a forum or email somewhere to send feedback about such things that need testing?
Velious bugs should go in the appropriate sub-forum of "Velious Beta". Regular bugs go in the "Bugs" forum (unless they are PvP related).

Quote:
Are there any functions in place to accelerate / auto grant levels / spells and such to facilitate being able to test those things, or maybe a character copy or something?
There is definitely a character copy feature on the Velious server, not sure about the rest.

Quote:
I'm a developer myself and have been thinking about poking some EMU code and sending some stuff over just to help out.
If you're interested you should message Nilbog, as that's who Sirken told me to message. But a word of warning: I did that months ago and never heard back, so I'm not sure they're looking for more right now.

Or you can just test, because testers are always needed.
Closed Thread