Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Fire Giant

I PREFER to keep the characters i spent leveling for the last year
Old 07-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaildez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Option 3 - Wipe Red and re purpose it to the new server since nobody plays it
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Fire Giant

I don't even know why people respond to the "wipe it" crowd. Maybe if we ignore them they will go away. Wipe will NEVER happen!
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM
Aviak

The wipe is known to be something that won't happen. I wish people could just let it go already. Hell, I think there's a better chance of a complete shutdown than a wipe. No, this doesn't mean I think there's a chance of a shutdown.

I'm rooting for a new server, but I don't want it until a year or two after Velious. Iron out that expansion first. Follow the timeline.

The ONLY thing I'll say about a wipe (that will never happen, remember) is this: Of course upper level players think it's newbs that want it. That's the expected reaction. I assure you, it isn't only them. Everyone I know who wasn't here at the very beginning wish they were. It's more about that than anything else. It's a different experience than playing later on in the server's life, regardless of any gear, plat, or levels you have. That's why a lot of people tried the Sleeper. Not because they didn't love p99, but because they wanted that chance. Now, fortunately for the population here.. the Sleeper was a pile of crap, and (nearly) everyone came back. No matter where I am game-wise I would gladly start over just to be on a server from the start. Not for guises or fireport binding or any other reason than to experience that stage of a server's existence.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Fire Giant

Opening a third server might be OK if it came with server transfers. A lot of the high end players who felt disenchanted by TMO's/RMTer's current theoretical stranglehold on end game material might switch to have less competition, and the steady drumbeat of "this endgame ain't classic" would then simmer down to a low murmur until Velious.

Don't think it would be actually good for either server though. I remember Xegony having 2000 people every day during the Classic timeline, and p1999 currently has less than half that during peak hours. I feel like p1999 has a good pop atm, and halving that again doesn't seem like it would be good for the health of either the parent or child server.

Mildly surprised Sirken hasn't shut this down yet like he did the other two threads that proposed wipes.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 07-26-2013, 08:06 AM
Sarnak

Wipe red, and copy/paste the current blue server on it, without any toons.

It's the least upkeep, and it would be fun to play on a new server with kunark and epics already without any manastones or fungi staves or other OP'ed items save for future GM events, and it would be fun to have all the kunark zones available with a fresh population.

just a thought,

Astuce
Old 07-26-2013, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wipe red, and copy/paste the current blue server on it, without any toons.

It's the least upkeep, and it would be fun to play on a new server with kunark and epics already without any manastones or fungi staves or other OP'ed items save for future GM events, and it would be fun to have all the kunark zones available with a fresh population.

just a thought,

Astuce
This attitude is why red players have a term. That term is bluebie. It is an attitude of ignorance. Ask for yourself, but your greed makes you want to destroy another community because you think you cannot get one without destroying it. Its the same kind of ignorance that leads to "colonization" or eugenics or the wiping out of cultures. And industrialization.

Try rephrasing that statement. Most of us red players would love a fresh start too. But you don't see us asking to eliminate blue (well one or two do) but in general we are pretty chill about you all playing on your blue server and not raging about it. We do get jealous from time to time that your server gets fixed first and little attention is given to pvp related bugs. But hey. We still don't say "shut down blue".

So yeah. I'm offended. Don't matter, I wont be playing with you anytime soon unless you some how see the light and join red to get 60 and finally wash yourself of your ignorance.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Planar Protector

We should round up red players and gas them, imo.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know why people respond to the "wipe it" crowd. Maybe if we ignore them they will go away. Wipe will NEVER happen!
I think I will be adopting this philosophy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This attitude is why red players have a term. That term is bluebie. It is an attitude of ignorance. Ask for yourself, but your greed makes you want to destroy another community because you think you cannot get one without destroying it. Its the same kind of ignorance that leads to "colonization" or eugenics or the wiping out of cultures. And industrialization.
You have that backwards.
Last edited by myriverse; 07-26-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Old 07-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We should round up red players and gas them, imo.
Sad thing is they'd like it too much...
Closed Thread