Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Fire Giant

From doing KC way, way, way to often (bout the only zone i get a group in besides Seb) my experience would say this -

Enchanters will have much more full length charms, but seem to also have more 10-45 second charms also. I am not turbo nerd, cant explain this with math, just noting what i've noticed.

Necromancers are a little more "random" with my 54 charm I'd say on average my charms last about 5-7 minutes, but very rarely do i get a quick break. When I first got the 54 charm i would root rot merbs and use the pet to finish them off, just so i could get a feel for how long the charm was working on average. (catch 22 being Necro charm is more used for charm killing both the target and your current pet, whereas Enchanter charms are more utilized in groups as their "pet")
Old 11-06-2013, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

Charisma matters for enchanter
No stats matter for necro charm.

MR debuff/s will help both.

Necro undead charms by themselves are completely random (except the one charm with fixed duration).

Enchanters have stronger charms, due to charisma and having MR debuffs.

Edit: As far as duoing with a cleric, if you're strictly facing undead mobs and aren't going after extremely difficult undead mini bosses at that, the necro will outperform an enchanter all day long.
Last edited by Autotune; 11-06-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Old 11-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

My necro loves to charm, and carries an Orb of Tishan to make things that much easier.

The synergy when duoing with a shaman is insane; they malos the pet and tank it until tash procs, then once you charm it they can haste it, the necro heals the shaman at a very low mana cost, and the shaman regens the necro to counter lich effects.

Just a godly duo.

Astuce
Old 11-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Aviak

If you are trying to farm an area say seb crypt, and are going to be there for a while, invest in some negative MR gear for your charmed pet. It will improve the duration of your charms. Silver Jacinth Rings, Adamantite Band, Rusty Iron gear, etc.
Ghomie (60 Wizard)
Jurassic Park (60 Necromancer)
Massterr Drumok (56 Monk)
Leighdybierd Johansen (50 Cleric)
Gdavid (50 Magician)
Snique Sniq(28 Rogue)
Therbah (7 bank)

Red:
Aalamar (60 Enchanter)
Aalasbank (1 bank)
Old 11-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Planar Protector

55+ id say necro/chanter is decently even on charming undead. Lower than, chanter wins.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
55+ id say necro/chanter is decently even on charming undead. Lower than, chanter wins.
Yup. I'm not sure if charming at lower than 50 is efficient at all for necro's but 55+ it is pretty damn strong.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup. I'm not sure if charming at lower than 50 is efficient at all for necro's but 55+ it is pretty damn strong.
I've done sparatic necro charming below 50 and I didn't find it all too great in comparison with my enchanter. 50-54 wasn't too bad but it definitely still broke more often than my enchanter in the same levels.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
200+ cha makes a huge difference in charm duration on this server, try it out.
This.

My enchanters unuffed CHA is 185 and buffed it's 200. The difference between these two numbers is off the chart (on the order of double the amount of charm recasts for unbuffed).

Did some duoing with a necro in DL and his charm on similar L37 mobs was quite a bit lower than mine even though we were the same level. I was also using Beguile instead of Cajoling whispers (my pet was 36) and Tashing his pet for him on breaks.

He was also 1 level lower than me so ymmv.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charisma matters for enchanter
No stats matter for necro charm.

MR debuff/s will help both.

Necro undead charms by themselves are completely random (except the one charm with fixed duration).

Enchanters have stronger charms, due to charisma and having MR debuffs.
Closed Thread