Old 04-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

best thing i've seen on these forums in a long time

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
best thing i've seen on these forums in a long time
RED
Old 04-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Planar Protector

That had to be the most random idea for a cartoon ever, still great

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Large Rat

This is still better than in other games, like Lineage where players run around with special characters and numbers in their names.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloosadesign [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am new to the server as of a week ago. I was so excited to start a character once I logged on. During the creation stage I tried about 5 different names that I've used been using the past 15 years. None of them worked. Then I tried the random name function three different times. All were rejected. Then just as a joke I typed in "mcdouble" and it took. Now I'm stuck with a name of a cheeseburger. Is there a way to change names?
This is a fantastic name. Serious surname potential. Keep it.

"Mcdouble Notrealmeat"
"Mcdouble Obesity"
"Mcdouble Frieswiththat"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caloosadesign [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then just as a joke I typed in "mcdouble" and it took. Now I'm stuck with a name of a cheeseburger. Is there a way to change names?
You could have deleted it immediately, before any game play, and tried again.

Xodix - Half Elf Rogue lvl 4
Old 04-11-2014, 09:41 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never report stupid names. I view it as a sort of community service when someone I won't like walks around with a sign over his head advertising himself as such.

Danth
Pretty much
Old 04-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everytime I see Huglife Choseme I smile, why would you take that away from me?
Old 04-11-2014, 10:18 AM
Fire Giant

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trosh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just wandering around the forums when I noticed a thread for funny names, which reminded me that I actually really didn't like the fact that after reading the server rules before logging in for the first time, half of the names were ridiculous or at least not at all following the guidelines set when I finally was in-game.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651 clearly states in section 3 (and goes into great detail) how basically all names should be original and based in a fantasy genre. It states that any names that are copyrighted or trademarked, or are phrases or would make a phrase when read the right way (like Crymea River) or names that wouldn't fit in the Genre (Switchblade, Cannabis) were not allowed. I'm wondering if that changed at some point? Or is it just that it would be a huge pain to fix? Is it that the GM's don't care or they have their own funny named characters they don't want to delete?

Personally I would like to see all of those names removed, mostly because it would make the feel of the game much more authentic, but also because grouping with someone who is named Quit Everquest is just plain ridiculous. Also the basic rules that are set down should be followed or at the very least attempted.

Let me know your thoughts! Is this something that also annoys you? would you like to see it changed?
So I gotta respond because you are citing my thread. You see that I only got like 30 names out of the first ONE THOUSAND screenshots? And you gotta understand, I've been around for four years and I screenshot EVERYTHING and EVERYONE.

The second THOUSAND screenshots yielded even less.

So its not like this is a rampant problem.

Its like saying orange juice from concentrate is too strong. OF COURSE IT SEEMS TOO STRONG ITS FROM CONCENTRATE. I spent a lot of time digging these names out, why do you think the last "funny names thread" was so shitty? Good parody names are uncommon! Like 90+% of names are RP.

So yeah. This is a concentrated version of a problem that is nowhere near serious. Chill out.

(Read the above text in an exaggerated yet calm voice, I ain't mad but I ain't happy)

Have a nice day.