Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmotzart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO not everyone deserves to see endgame content in a game. If you cant make it to the boss in your guild. Might think about helping your guild get better so you can get there or go play a bottlefed game where anyone with 2iq and 1 finger can kill the last boss in the game. goodbye and goodluck
I'm pretty sure EQ classic wasn't designed to be hardcore difficult either.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asedo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amenlinda
Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Cooper, Senior Artist, SOE
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sarcasm?
You should know me well enough by now to answer that, Stealin :P
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM
Kobold

No instances. That's one of the reasons lots of us play here instead of WoW in the first place.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Orc

Instances are rather contrary to the overall design of EQ which puts the MMO part before the RPG part - instances make sense from a gameplay standpoint but not so much for that 'all players in one world' feel.

As an aside though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmotzart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IMO not everyone deserves to see endgame content in a game. If you cant make it to the boss in your guild. Might think about helping your guild get better so you can get there or go play a bottlefed game where anyone with 2iq and 1 finger can kill the last boss in the game. goodbye and goodluck
This makes me scratch my head. Did you kill C'thun or Kil'Jaden during their relevant eras? Do you think even average players managed to do?

Instancing has nothing to do with difficulty, except in cases where the actual content is easy and the only challenge revolves around there not being enough of it for everyone. You are free to like either design, but there is no need to insult others due to their preference.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokaiser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Instances are rather contrary to the overall design of EQ which puts the MMO part before the RPG part - instances make sense from a gameplay standpoint but not so much for that 'all players in one world' feel.
Uh, until this?:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The whole expansion was a series of instances.

Quote:
Shut up and give me my ten bucks per month, little man. My Porsche needs some performance upgrades.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM
Orc

I thought it would be taken as read that I mean 'classic' EQ on these forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Edit: Expanding on this - It seems many of the features that came in after Velious which people rail most strongly against are those which detract from the aforementioned 'one huge world' feeling and those which cut out some social interaction, such as Nexus/PoK for automated transport instant, Bazzar for automated selling. One could argue that LDoN took that to another level.
Last edited by Leokaiser; 03-12-2012 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: Elaboration
Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

KAIRA

Quit confusing Groz and let's go make a group!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leokaiser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought it would be taken as read that I mean 'classic' EQ on these forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic is a player assigned term, when you reference the game you have to be more specific IMO.

Quote:
Old 03-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

This sounds really stupid.