Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Aviak

Default Getting Mask of Decep as Bard

Anybody know the easiest way to do this at lower level?

I know racial hide isn't IVU, so would I need to get like an IVU potion and use it in combination with hide/sneak? Or would using the skills pop me out of IVU?

Thanks in advance =)
Old 09-28-2013, 09:43 PM
Aviak

I know someone has a Bard that they ran down to get the mask at lower level, and can give me a few tips =p.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Banned

Depending on level maybe you can try lulling your way but would take a lot of skill and mix of IVU pots. Easier to get a monk or other melee class to decimate the entire path from zone line to ass/sup if theres one available. Thats what I did for my bard, Cleared it all in a min or two then logged in bard and ran him. On my rogue I simply sneak/hide him down there pre see invis nerf. Too bad the racial hide used to actually work against undead.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Play invis song and have someone cast IVU on you. If lower level have a chanter cast both invis on you...

Unless they changed it in the last couple of months it worked, just pray the invis'es dont drop before you get there.

'stuce
Old 10-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liegezen
I know racial hide isn't IVU, so would I need to get like an IVU potion and use it in combination with hide/sneak?
You can't hide and sneak at the same time. You're a bard.

Even if you could, Undead mobs can see through "Hide" now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liegezen
Or would using the skills pop me out of IVU?
If it was even possible, then yes, it would pop you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Play invis song and have someone cast IVU on you.
This won't work either. You can't have IVU on you and be playing a song at the same time. It would immediately break the IVU. It doesn't matter if you started playing invis song before IVU was casted on you or vis versa, it won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent
you can try lulling your way
This is the only remotely reasonable suggestion in this thread, but it still won't work. I've tried it on a 50 Bard many times and it's pretty fucking hard to do unless you know every spawn around every corner, their precise aggro radius, and have tons of previous experience... Even then, you're still most likely going to die somewhere on icebone skeletons, gargoyles, bats, before you get to the ass/sup ladder. Don't try this method unless you're a skilled Bard and at least level 35-40.

The only reliable way for you is to have someone cast both Invis and IVU you, then run there.

Personally, I didn't get my Mask of Deception until I was level 48, and I solo'd it myself.
Last edited by Stinkum; 10-03-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Old 10-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Sarnak

If I recall shouldn't someone be able to walk down there with zero aggro as long as they have never killed any frogloks?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This won't work either. You can't have IVU on you and be playing a song at the same time. It would immediately break the IVU. It doesn't matter if you started playing invis song before IVU was casted on you or vis versa, it won't work.
Was there a recent change? I used to do this a lot on p99 but haven't played in a few months. As long as you start playing the song before the IVU lands on you, and you let it pulse, as in don't stop the song and restart it, both invis should stay.

'stuce
Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astuce999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there a recent change? I used to do this a lot on p99 but haven't played in a few months. As long as you start playing the song before the IVU lands on you, and you let it pulse, as in don't stop the song and restart it, both invis should stay.

'stuce
Yeah I thought this was still the case as well.
<Asgard>
Old 10-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're making me second guess myself.. But each pulse does an buff-check and pops you out of invis if it detects it. I'm not talking about re-starting the song or doing anything that would break invis.

Will test on my Bard tonight to confirm.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:

'stuce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I thought this was still the case as well.
Yes, it is the case. I had a druid cast camo on me while I was playing Selo's. Both held until I zoned and Selo's stopped.
Closed Thread