Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:27 AM
Aviak

Default EQ as it should have been?

While I would like to make a poll for this, not sure I can. Anyway I'm wondering how people feel about the server. You should fall into one of the following categories:

1. Classic - I want everything as close to classic as possible. Remove item links, etc.

2. As is - I'm happy with the way things are and trust those running the server to decide what's what.

3. Classic+ - As close to classic as possible but including things that improve the overall experience without affecting the game play: like item links, UI mods, Luclin Models, High res textures, etc..

4. As it should have been - Add/Remove things based on the best overall play experience even if these things affect game play (Though not in a MAJOR way), such as everything mentioned in 3 in addition to: removing xp penalties, adding chat channels, un-nerfing pet xp penalties, etc..

I personally fall in to the 4th category. I feel like things like pets stealing xp because it's "classic" even though it was reverted back on live because it was a bad decision is silly. XP penalties do nothing but make it harder on people and discourage people from playing or grouping with certain class/race combos. Chat Channels are just useful, they may cause EC to slow down but it's still player to player trades/haggling it's not like the bazaar that completely kills that. Anyway that's just my 2 cents, how do you all feel?

Also to those of you in charge, keep up the good work! I love this server and though I don't agree with all your decisions, I do appreciate that you all take your free time to help others enjoy themselves, for free. I've enjoyed the past couple months here and hope to enjoy many more.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

I am very grateful for the server. I fucking love this game.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maahes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am very grateful for the server. I fucking love this game.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Fire Giant

There already are things which were changed (even though they were classic) for balance reasons - I believe the lifetap earring is one such example.

I too would enjoy a more custom classic experience (custom zones/dungeon that fall inline with classic difficulty/functionality) but I believe the vision for p99 is to remain as classic as possible except in rare cases.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Kobold

I'd like to fall into just one category, but I'm really a combination of 1 and 2. I love the server the way it is right now, and I want it to continue getting as classic as possible. For instance, I love item links and I don't hesitate to use them; but if they ever get rid of them, it'll be fine by me and I'll be more than happy to type out stats for an item in my auctions.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

I think I prefer the 4th category also. I have been big against the Pet XP thingy and the Hybrid penality. Both Sony mistakes that are on here. Why continue a known mistake.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Spell sets and spell bar menu was much tougher for casters to lose than item links, and we all got over that.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
4. As it should have been - Add/Remove things based on the best overall play experience even if these things affect game play (Though not in a MAJOR way), such as everything mentioned in 3 in addition to: removing xp penalties, adding chat channels, un-nerfing pet xp penalties, etc..
Old 02-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think I prefer the 4th category also. I have been big against the Pet XP thingy and the Hybrid penality. Both Sony mistakes that are on here. Why continue a known mistake.
I'm in the 4th category also. These were things that never made sense, never added any enjoyment to the game for anyone, were eventually changed on live, and have really hindered players from enjoying certain classes here on p99. Certain class epics being introduced in their "Classic" broken format is another example of where things should have been changed.

That being said, I very much enjoy playing here. It's the best classic EQ experience I've found.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Smile

I belong to the 4th.

I love EQ classic, but some things can be changed to make it a better experience for players.

When Verant started EQ, it was pretty much a trial and error for them. Overtime they learnt from their mistakes and changed certain things.

We don't have to make the same mistakes as they did. Some improvements can be made to the server even if it's not really classic imo.
Closed Thread