Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that why Cloki and 20+ other members who followed him left BDA?
They left to get closer to Jesus.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Banned

After the raid suspension is up, how long will this thread continue to go on?
Old 08-01-2014, 11:11 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Counter-strike was originally just a mod for Half-Life like all the others - it had no official support from Valve, and you had to go to their website to download it. It was created by a team that had nothing to do with Valve, and if I'm not mistaken, they were all in college (it was like 3? guys. Maybe 4). It ran in Beta for a long time, and even tried a stint with vehicles in Beta 7.0 and 7.1. The "de" game mode was not in the first beta iteration of the game (I think it was only CS_ but it may have actually been as_, something I don't think they have anymore. It stood for assassination and revolved around the opposing team trying to kill a player controlled "VIP".

Shortly before alpha release (1.0) they were picked up by Valve, and the rest is history. Great game =P but they had to go a long way before reaching the critical acclaim they have now - when the game was first starting, it struggled like every other little multiplayer mod out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But it was so well done that people kept telling everyone else about it... and then it was in magazines... and the next thing you know, you can buy it in a box in a store with a disc and everything! And it was on Steam! (a change I couldn't stand at first but later agreed was a good decision.) And supported by Valve! Wow! After that it was all gravy, and Valve had multiple cash crops that were just pouring $$$ into their vast vault of cash with a diving board.
CS:GO is pretty awesome, and they've applied TF2 and Dota 2's cosmetic gun/knife skins which is a good cash crop for valve, however I still miss quickscoping in 1.3 more than anything. And the Deagle is a garbage ass weapon in GO.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNteg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CS:GO is pretty awesome, and they've applied TF2 and Dota 2's cosmetic gun/knife skins which is a good cash crop for valve, however I still miss quickscoping in 1.3 more than anything. And the Deagle is a garbage ass weapon in GO.
GREEN EGGS AND HAAAAAAAAM

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 08-01-2014, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Counter-strike was originally just a mod for Half-Life like all the others - it had no official support from Valve, and you had to go to their website to download it. It was created by a team that had nothing to do with Valve, and if I'm not mistaken, they were all in college (it was like 3? guys. Maybe 4). It ran in Beta for a long time, and even tried a stint with vehicles in Beta 7.0 and 7.1. The "de" game mode was not in the first beta iteration of the game (I think it was only CS_ but it may have actually been as_, something I don't think they have anymore. It stood for assassination and revolved around the opposing team trying to kill a player controlled "VIP".

Shortly before alpha release (1.0) they were picked up by Valve, and the rest is history. Great game =P but they had to go a long way before reaching the critical acclaim they have now - when the game was first starting, it struggled like every other little multiplayer mod out there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But it was so well done that people kept telling everyone else about it... and then it was in magazines... and the next thing you know, you can buy it in a box in a store with a disc and everything! And it was on Steam! (a change I couldn't stand at first but later agreed was a good decision.) And supported by Valve! Wow! After that it was all gravy, and Valve had multiple cash crops that were just pouring $$$ into their vast vault of cash with a diving board.
GM's in hiding for all p99 staff ruling topics. But counterstrike... ya they are here for that.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GM's in hiding for all p99 staff ruling topics. But counterstrike... ya they are here for that.
Deru never went into hiding. This decision really isn't up to him, though.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deru never went into hiding. This decision really isn't up to him, though.
Deru always in hiding!
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 PM
Aviak

bla bla bla
Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortue ninja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bla bla bla
Love ya buddy, tell Oli i said hi
Old 08-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This decision really isn't up to him, though.
It's not ? =O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deru always in hiding!
I've done a great job avoiding people lately [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I find much success in the "do not disturb" Skype status.
Closed Thread