Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-17-2014, 04:43 PM
Aviak

Default Rogue Sneak/Hide

Hello.

My Rogue is at 200 sneak/hide now, and it just feels not correct.

I did play an Rogue on live while Velious and there are 2 things which dont feel correct, and one thing where i am almost certain that it's wrong.

The movement speed at 200 sneaking was almost normal movement spead, now it's walking speed. I did alot CR as an Rogue and the movement speed was more or less normal, at around 90%. Now it's more like 50%. But i am not sure how fast i walked, only certain it's faster than now.

But i am sure on the next thing:

The second thing is how Rogue hide is handled.

The Rogue hide was different to normal hide. Mobs who could see invis, could not see rogues. There were a few exceptions, static spawns who still could see an rogue. Now it's different. As an Rogue i cant move through Solusek B, because everything see's invis. As an Rogue on live i could.

I will qoute an small bit from an guide written in the year 2000 :

Quote:
List of Creatures That Can See Through Hide
Dragons (Vox and Nagafen)
Fire Giants
Scorn Banshees
Lichs
Loathing Lichs
Evil Eyes
Huge Elemental (Lower Guk)
The Firegiants could see through Sneak/Hide that i remember, i could walk up to them without any problems. From there i needed help, now every mobs sees through.

The post, where you can read alot about Sneak/Hide is from 31.03.2000 and can be found here : http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=2855

How does other rogue think it's handled ?
Old 03-19-2014, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Sneak speed increases greatly at lvl 60 to almost full run speed. This was brought up long time ago as I believe tht was the verdict.

I not particularly adept at finding evidence nor do I care to spend the time right now, but my memory is that hide/sneak was not free reign in all dungeons. I specifically remember carefully sliding along walls to avoid frontal radius of mobs in seb and following pathers. I quit eq shortly after velious release for a time frame reference of my memory. I actually think the devs have it right now with hide being stacked invis/ivu with sneak working on everything when behind.

The "behind" area seems a bit generous at the moment to me although I do think it was greater than 180 degrees on live so they are at least very close I think.