Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hes defending the pet classes. Reading comprehension ftw.
^^^^

Seriously though, have the mods every explained why this happened?
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 PM
Planar Protector

If you can a Goblin Gazughi ring makes the whole process much easier. Worst case you ignore it and get 75% xp. Really I think its much more of a nerf to grouping enchanters than soloing enchanters.
Old 11-23-2011, 12:47 AM
Planar Protector

Make pet agro work correctly and maybe this would be on par with where the pet classes should be, but currently the fucked up nature of pet agro means this exp nurf is just another kick in the balls to pet classes. Pet damage was already nurfed, did we really need to nurf the exp?
Old 11-23-2011, 01:03 AM
Large Rat

Lots of misinformation here.

Pets will never steal exp if you are grouped. You can even be grouped with someone who is 15 zones away and be solo killing, and you will recrive full exp, regardless of how much dmg you did to the mob.

When ungrouped, if your pet deals more damage than you to a mob, the pet eats 50%, not 75% of the exp.

Yes, the wiki is very wrong, and I encourage everyone to test this for themselves.

The nerf was implemented very poorly. Even if this is exactly how it was in classic, it's still a terrible change. It doesn't nerf pet classes, it just make the game far more tedious for them, requiring them to duo or to find someone in another zone to sit in a party with them. It also makes people more likely to box a second account so that they can harmlessly sit in their group while they exp.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

o so happy mah mage is 60 before kanras started punching pet classes in the gonads
Old 11-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Fire Giant

Enchs really have no reason to cry over this.

I was already using a method leveling from 54-60 that isnt affected by the recent changes and the exp is a lot faster than regular charming.
I did this in HS for the most part and the exp was awesome.

Find a mob that's good to charm, i always used sepulcher or greater warbone skeletons in hs. Buff it up as good as you can (haste and ac buff), give it 2 weapons, and if they fixed armor stats on pets by now (i haven't played in a while other than VP) give him a haste mask (mages can summon these). Now you gotta find a good spot, or better you find the spot prior to charming and buffing your mob. The ramp in north wing is a good spot for that. Release your pet and root it, make sure you have rune up then release - stun - root .

Now you start charming other mobs and send them into your "rootmob" until they are at like 2% hp, release them and finish them off with a nuke. I highly recommend you to get a Goblin Gazughi Ring for the instant charm break clicky, after a bit of training i managed to break the mobs at 0-1% hp so i was able to use a lower lvl nuke to finish them off, saves some mana. Whenever your "rootmob" gets low on hp you get out of aggro range and memblur the mob so it regens 5 % (?) a tick. I actually mem blurred my mob everytime i went pulling (it doesnt always work, but when you do it after each fight your mob is basicly always full hp). I recommend after each fight you refresh your root, then mem blur and go pull the next mob. Make a timer for haste so everytime your haste worns off you retash/recharm the rootmob and refresh haste.

This strat has a lot of advantages over normal charming:

- You dont need to carry a lot of weapons with you, since your charmed mob is always the same, its enough to have 2 weapons with you for hour-long exp sessions
- Its a very safe way to exp, once you get used to it, just dont forget to keep re-rooting
- Your mob does a ton more damage than a charmed pet cause its not a pet, it always dual wields and its always hasted, it will never turn against you given you dont forget to keep root up
- If you use a sepulcher or gw skeleton (or any mob that has mana) you can use theft of thought on them, all the time, which makes your mana pretty much infinite
- If you fight a caster you can interrupt each of its casts by letting it sit when it starts casting

Strat works also for most nameds, as long as you can charm them. I easily solo'd verix in KC with that strat at lvl 58 or 59. If you fight a named id debuff and slow them prior to charming.

If the devs get around to fix pet drops (so your pet drops the stuff you give him, when you kill it) you could also carry around a set of neg MR gear to give your "rootmob" and loot it when you are done exping. If you can, root a mob right at his spawnpoint (works perfect with the corner mob at ramp at HS north), so if your root ever breaks while you are out pulling, the mob will just stay at his spot (because you mem blurred it before you went pulling). Oh and to check if mem blur worked you can simply move around an see if the mob is still facing you or not. If he isnt facing you, mem blur worked, also if the mob regen's 5% a tick.

Given this still works, and im pretty sure it does, enchs have no need to QQ about exp, you can prolly solo faster than anyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remember mem blur only works if you are out of aggro range while casting it ! If you are too close you will re-aggro the mob instantly and prevent him from regen!
Last edited by Nedala; 11-23-2011 at 02:39 AM..
Old 11-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for mages, do what Strides says - kill low hp mobs like bards and casters. Or just roll with the penalty and continue to be one of, if not the best, solo class for leveling.
Mage's are absolutely one of the worse soloing classes now (actually very classic)

The best bet is to duo (with someone who will trade your stuff to someone else)
Old 11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Make pet agro work correctly and maybe this would be on par with where the pet classes should be, but currently the fucked up nature of pet agro means this exp nurf is just another kick in the balls to pet classes. Pet damage was already nurfed, did we really need to nurf the exp?
This. Or just paint a big bullseye on a mages robe. Same effect.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Fire Giant

Grouping invalidates the penalty, which was my only real concern. I had serious reservations about this change given that charmed pets will very frequently outdps duos, or even full groups that are a little light on DPS. Since learning that grouping, even just duoing, completely invalidates the penalty, I couldn't be happier.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchs really have no reason to cry over this.

I was already using a method leveling from 54-60 that isnt affected by the recent changes and the exp is a lot faster than regular charming.
I did this in HS for the most part and the exp was awesome.

Find a mob that's good to charm, i always used sepulcher or greater warbone skeletons in hs. Buff it up as good as you can (haste and ac buff), give it 2 weapons, and if they fixed armor stats on pets by now (i haven't played in a while other than VP) give him a haste mask (mages can summon these). Now you gotta find a good spot, or better you find the spot prior to charming and buffing your mob. The ramp in north wing is a good spot for that. Release your pet and root it, make sure you have rune up then release - stun - root .

Now you start charming other mobs and send them into your "rootmob" until they are at like 2% hp, release them and finish them off with a nuke. I highly recommend you to get a Goblin Gazughi Ring for the instant charm break clicky, after a bit of training i managed to break the mobs at 0-1% hp so i was able to use a lower lvl nuke to finish them off, saves some mana. Whenever your "rootmob" gets low on hp you get out of aggro range and memblur the mob so it regens 5 % (?) a tick. I actually mem blurred my mob everytime i went pulling (it doesnt always work, but when you do it after each fight your mob is basicly always full hp). I recommend after each fight you refresh your root, then mem blur and go pull the next mob. Make a timer for haste so everytime your haste worns off you retash/recharm the rootmob and refresh haste.

This strat has a lot of advantages over normal charming:

- You dont need to carry a lot of weapons with you, since your charmed mob is always the same, its enough to have 2 weapons with you for hour-long exp sessions
- Its a very safe way to exp, once you get used to it, just dont forget to keep re-rooting
- Your mob does a ton more damage than a charmed pet cause its not a pet, it always dual wields and its always hasted, it will never turn against you given you dont forget to keep root up
- If you use a sepulcher or gw skeleton (or any mob that has mana) you can use theft of thought on them, all the time, which makes your mana pretty much infinite
- If you fight a caster you can interrupt each of its casts by letting it sit when it starts casting

Strat works also for most nameds, as long as you can charm them. I easily solo'd verix in KC with that strat at lvl 58 or 59. If you fight a named id debuff and slow them prior to charming.

If the devs get around to fix pet drops (so your pet drops the stuff you give him, when you kill it) you could also carry around a set of neg MR gear to give your "rootmob" and loot it when you are done exping. If you can, root a mob right at his spawnpoint (works perfect with the corner mob at ramp at HS north), so if your root ever breaks while you are out pulling, the mob will just stay at his spot (because you mem blurred it before you went pulling). Oh and to check if mem blur worked you can simply move around an see if the mob is still facing you or not. If he isnt facing you, mem blur worked, also if the mob regen's 5% a tick.

Given this still works, and im pretty sure it does, enchs have no need to QQ about exp, you can prolly solo faster than anyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Remember mem blur only works if you are out of aggro range while casting it ! If you are too close you will re-aggro the mob instantly and prevent him from regen!
1. before the exp nerf, there's absolutely NO WAY this was faster than normal charming, because you never had to spend mana on a terrible enchanter nuke except for your lvl 1 nuke, you would just break and charm a new pet to finish off the old one.

2. you can calm mobs before blurring them, this lets you literally sit next to a mob while they are regenning their hp.

3. there's lots of mobs that quad without weapons now, i think the greater warbones are one of those mobs. also, skeletal guardians definitely quad without weapons, i've used them before.

otherwise a good technique that i've used myself with multiple mobs to create a "mob grinder" effect.
Closed Thread