Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 04-08-2023, 04:15 PM
Large Rat

Default Pacific time zone Guilds on Green server

Hello
I’m an old EQ vet from back in the day and I started a Druid few weeks ago and have just hit 23.
I’m looking for a guild but in future would like to raid and have a hard time with guild on eastern time.
Looking for a pacific time zone guild if it’s something that exists.
Druid name is Lemms and thank you again for reading.
Old 04-08-2023, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

I don't know if the game is more popular on the East Coast, or what, but pretty much every guild I've ever been in goes by Eastern Standard Time. However, you can absolutely join from any time zone ... you just have to do a little math to get the time of scheduled events correct.

As for finding a guild, I'd check out https://wiki.project1999.com/Green%20Guilds. Given your low level, you probably should focus on the Casual Guilds section.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-08-2023, 06:07 PM
Banned

Guilds mostly raid on EST because people on the east coast wake up four hours earlier than people on the west coast. Since the vast majority of p99 players are US based, it just shakes out naturally that way. If the p99 population were concentrated in thailand or something this wouldn't be the case.

Also even if like 75% of the playerbase were on the west coast, they'd be at a massive disadvantage compared to the 25% on the east coast unless they all wanna get out of bed at 4am every day. It's just a matter of geography. If you reverse the spin of the earth that would change.
Last edited by Ooloo; 04-08-2023 at 06:24 PM..
Old 04-08-2023, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

If you're talking about end game raiding, then P99 knows no real time zones anyway. Mobs can spawn around the clock.

For any scheduled raid stuff like Plane of Sky or small game that can be done whenever, you may have to ask around the different guilds when they do stuff and how it fits in with your time zone.

Since you're still leveling I'd just look into Castle or one of the other bigger casual/leveling friendly guilds, they will have people online and active though all US time zones, and not worry about raid times until you get further along and get a feel for how the server really tends to flow.
Old 04-08-2023, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

safe space lead by pSt

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 04-10-2023, 03:45 PM
Banned

there will always be mobs that spawn when you're asleep or awake and vice versa for

for EST players

most guilds use EST time anyways because that's where the majority of players are