Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 09:44 AM
Aviak

Derubael is correct, I cringed a little reading the high end raiding situation, as I've been there done that, but velious should correct most of it. Before velious I can only think of a handful of "worthy" targets for gear farming overall, which leaves most of the raiders I'm assuming bored. Within that, I'd say there's only 2 or 3 tiers of raiding currently too.

Original Raid Targets (5):

Lady Vox (7 days)
Lord Nagafen (7 days)
Plane of Fear: Cazic Thule (7 days)
Plane of Hate: Maestro (3 days)
Plane of Hate: Innoruuk (7 days)

Original Raid-level Zones (3):
Plane of Fear
Plane of Hate
Plane of Sky (7 days?)

Kunark Raid Targets (7):

Chardok: Royals (2 hours)
Dreadlands: Gorenaire (7 days)
Emerald Jungle: Severilous (7 days)
Karnor's Castle: Venril Sathir (7 days)
Old Sebilis: Trakanon (3 days)
Skyfire Mountains: Talendor (7 days)
Timorous Deep: Faydedar (7 days)

Kunark Raid Zones (1):
Veeshan's Peak (7 days?)

Total, that's 4 major raid zones, and 12 major raid targets/nights I'd consider, pre-velious; that's not really all that many for 1200+ concurrent players. Even if you say each one of those targets currently requires 50 people to engage (which it shouldn't), and you were to somehow, evenly distribute it; so that only one person, raided one target per week, that's enough for 700 people to hit one target per week. Most people would be pretty upset with that arrangement too; as only hitting one target per week, your chances of getting loot in a 50 person engagement is low, and chances are between epics, and gear, you need/want multiple loots.

I'm missing a lot of the minor raid targets, but even including those, you're only going to make a subset of people happy, and there's probably no more than 30 or 40, and that's being generous.

Top that off, I can't think of any high end kunark quested sets that don't require raiding; meaning the only high end gear is pretty much farming group camps, cultural crafted sets, or raids.

Most of the above raids are also on a 7 day timer; which even with the enhanced spawns, is not often enough for most raid guilds.

Compare the above to Velious, major targets (15):

Cobalt Scar: Kelorek`Dar (7 days?)
Dragon Necropolis: Zlandicar (3 days)
Icewell Keep: Dain Frostreaver IV (7 days)
Kael Drakkel: Derakor the Vindicator (8 hours)
Kael Drakkel: King Tormax (7 days)
Kael Drakkel: The Avatar of War (5 days)
Plane of Growth: Tunare (7 days)
Plane of Mischief: Bristlebane (7 days)
Skyshrine: Lord Yelinak (7 days)
Temple of Veeshan: Dozecar (3 days?)
Temple of Veeshan: Vulak 'Aerr (3 days?)
Velketor's Labyrinth: Velketor the Sorcerer (3 days)
Wakening Land: Wuoshi (7 days)
Western Wastes: Klandicar (3 days)
Western Wastes: Sontalak (2 days)

And more importantly, major zones (10)
Icewell Keep
Kael Drakkel
Plane of Growth
Plane of Mischief
Skyshrine
Sleeper's Tomb
Temple of Veeshan: Halls of Testing (East Wing)
Temple of Veeshan: West Wing
Temple of Veeshan: North Wing
Western Wastes: Dragons

This means there more targets, and more zones to raid in velious alone, and the Kunark raid targets will still keep everyone busy since epics won't be outdated, and won't go away.

I don't think the highest of guilds in the raiding scene will go away, but the average person's raid experience should get much better. With nearly twice as many targets, and three times as many zones; there should be no shortage of raid targets anymore.

Also the entry experience for most guilds in Velious is MUCH better as most of the lower level raid zones, or targets, respawn on a much faster table, giving them a lot more to hit. Halls of Testing in ToV for instance is nearly impossible to keep clear. Respawns in Growth and Mischief are pretty quick. Respawns of the West Wing of ToV are pretty quick. There's a few cycled/triggered raid events. There's several smaller raid targets I didn't include above, much more than you find in Kunark. Skyshrine, Kael, and Icewell also have very low respawn timers, and all drop nice gear sets.

Which brings two other points up, Velious has several high end gear sets that can be obtained through a combination of high end grouping and raiding, with low respawn timers on most of it, allowing for very little competition overall. Second, for the lower end guilds and players especially, there's several group targets, or zones in velious that can easily become a "raid night" for them, as it'd otherwise be very hard for all but the best geared groups to hold that zone. Siren's Grotto, Tower of Frozen Shadow, and Crystal Caverns come to mind immediately. Overall, I think the low, mid, and high-end grouping/raiding scene in Velious will be far better than whatever you're experiencing now in Kunark.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aveenia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have got to stop coming here & reading these threads. I just started a month ago here & this sounds so depressing it makes me wonder why I'm playing at all if the server is this messed up.

I am going to be keep playing but this does sound awfully discouraging to me as a newish player here.
I agree Aveenia..I just started last week, came to forums to read up and ask a few quesitons..and WOW drama..

I remember some drama on Cazic back in the day but I dont know if I want to go through the leveling process to get caught up in all that..hmm
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Aviak

Also it should be noted, that velious expands the raiding tiers quite a bit too. Right now, I'm imagining you only have 2 or 3 raiding tiers. Your entry level tier, barely capable of raiding, getting their feet wet, tackling the early dragons, Chardok royals, Vox/Naggy.

Your mid-level tier that can easily take down those targets, keep Fear/Sky/Hate clear, and want to break Veeshan's Peak, and start tackling the deities CT/Inny.

Your high-end tier that downs Cazic/Inny and clears VP.

In velious, even your VP capable guilds now (Tier 3ish), won't be able to take down the North Wing of ToV, or Avatar of War, or Sleeper's Tomb on day 1.

Velious easily adds an additional raiding tier, if not two or three to the mix, allowing a more tiered progression, and helping to prevent the current crowding of Tier 2/Tier 3 you have now.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:53 AM
Fire Giant

OP might want to look into one of the #gm command servers. You can summon items to your heart's content without all the pesky competition.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Skeleton

Just half (or even third) the respawn time of raid mobs. It's not "classic" but neither is years of Kunark to Velious. Sounds like there are too many lvl 50+ players with not enough content. Then, release Velious and resume normal respawn timers.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Aviak

See my post on Luclin too, with a very controlled release of Luclin and Velious, I doubt we'd ever run out of post 50 content.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=163256
Old 08-27-2014, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Juntsie offer raid dispute resolution services at reasonable price, but when he get sad when dispute arise, but understand why dey happen. Wise Honorable GM Duraebel offer many valid argument about raid dispute but he omit most important cause:

Male Raider Want Moar Pixel to Impress Females

Most raider try to deny this cuz embarrassed but it truth. Dey tink dat magical raid loot cause scarce EQ female to admire dem, and want to exchange intimidate communications. Dey think glowing big sword going to make female tink, "OOOOOH, I wonder what is in pants!!!!!!" Dis true to certain extent, but only cuz male raider give female item for free.

So, Juntsie offer conclusive resolution to raid dispute: change all raid-quality loot to naked placeholder and blunt staff, so raider look like level 1 character. No one want to raid anymore if dis happen. It show dat raid just about vanity to impress females. Juntsie theory proven correct.
Licensed Troll Professional (J.D., M.D., Th.D., R.D., R.C.C., Ph.D., C.P.A., L.S.L.P)
Known Associates: Oakenhops Valebrewer (51 Druid <Dial a Port>); Korezril (50 Monk <Ancient Blood>) ; Xeirella L'Veldriss (52 Necro)

Professional troll services fer gud rates, including da raid dispute resolution. Dis message confidential and not intended for tax purpose. Protect swamp. Tink green before print.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntsie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, Juntsie offer conclusive resolution to raid dispute: change all raid-quality loot to naked placeholder and blunt staff, so raider look like level 1 character.
... That would be awesome. Nevermind blunt staff... I wanna be the best geared, nekkid punching ranger on the server.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Hahaha^ brilliant.. make the AE breath weapon destroy gear in inventory like in D&D
Old 08-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Aviak

Juntsie realize idea so good he make formal post about it on main chat forum. Dis is how we solve raid dispute. Raid dispute damage community. It even damage da very thing raider try to get - female play on server. Mention of raid dispute, as evidenced in this thread, nearly make scarce female not want to bash anymore. JUNTSIES THEORIES ARE CLEAR WELL-SETTLED TRUTHS.
Licensed Troll Professional (J.D., M.D., Th.D., R.D., R.C.C., Ph.D., C.P.A., L.S.L.P)
Known Associates: Oakenhops Valebrewer (51 Druid <Dial a Port>); Korezril (50 Monk <Ancient Blood>) ; Xeirella L'Veldriss (52 Necro)

Professional troll services fer gud rates, including da raid dispute resolution. Dis message confidential and not intended for tax purpose. Protect swamp. Tink green before print.
Closed Thread