Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Fire Giant

If we could only work out a deal to trade our mexicans for their mexicans
Old 09-05-2014, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"It's the law of the land" when you like it; "stop blindly following laws" when you don't.
I always play chaotic good.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 09-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Planar Protector

Plus who the fuck wants to pick tomatoes? My Dad owned a farm and I worked in the fields as a kid. I got an education so I can fuck around on the net all day.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 09-05-2014, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, here's something we can both agree on, a logical extension of what you said: undocumented immigrants are more likely than documented immigrants/citizens to have undocumented children and to violate immigration laws again. What's not logical is saying that because a man is willing to risk his life and travel for months just to get a job, that he's more likely to be a criminal. The evidence shows that's just not true.

Now for the TLDR part.

You said you didn't know any illegal immigrants. Well, as it happens, I know the most famous one in America, Jose Antonio Vargas. Jose went to the same high school as me, and he was the hardest working person I knew: he slept like 3 hours, was involved in tons of extra curricular activities (I knew him through Speech and Debate; his rendition of The Highwayman was incredible), and got straight A's. He was also incredibly kind, and would do anything for a friend. Since high school he's gotten himself a Pulitzer prize, been on The Colbert Report, and "come out" as an undocumented immigrant.

Jose was brought here when he was just a kid; he had no choice in the matter. He didn't even know his status until he turned 16 and tried to get a driver's license. Now, despite having done Pulitzer-award winning journalism, Jose risks being deported to a country he hasn't been in since he was like 7.

I'm telling you all this because undocumented immigrants are people, and we should have empathy for them. When you don't know anyone of certain group, it's hard to have empathy, but hopefully the next time you start to envision the evil job-stealing, law-breaking, "illegal" immigrant that you've never met but Fox News tells you exists, try to think of Jose. And the many other good people who are undocumented but don't fit Fox News stereotypes.
Look, here is the thing. There are people that want to come into this country to work. I know quite a few programmers from Europe who would do well here. We could be bringing in smart, hard working Europeans (like the ones that came here so long ago) instead of the Indians from India who ruined their own country, smell bad, rape etc. But the Indians are willing to work for much less $$, are worse programmers etc.

You know how much it costs someone to come here legally? Thousands of dollars, legal fees, paperwork, getting stuck with needles etc. It is not fucking easy.

What IS easy is just running across the border with a few sprogs in hand for the "empathy" card.

I get it, some of them ARE hard working, but they are committing a crime. They may be the nicest person on earth, they are still committing a crime.

Why not try and go from the US to Canada by just running across the border and see what happens. Try flying into Moscow and run your way through customs.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
instead of the Indians from India who ruined their own country, smell bad, rape etc. But the Indians are willing to work for much less $$, are worse programmers etc.
Wow, bigoted much? I'd love to see your evidence for how people from India are more likely to commit rape, or smell worse than people from other countries. I'll grant the worse programmer thing is somewhat true (their educational system for programming is terrible compared to ours, lots of rote memorization and pointless testing) but even so I have known plenty of good Indian programmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust1d? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get it, some of them ARE hard working, but they are committing a crime. They may be the nicest person on earth, they are still committing a crime.
So the people who helped the Jews escape Nazi Germany, or the people who helped slaves escape to the North: they were nice people, but they still committed a crime, so they deserve to rot in hell for all eternity right?

Quote:
Why not try and go from the US to Canada by just running across the border and see what happens.
I don't quite see how that is relevant, but the leader of Anonymous did just that. As have others.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or smell worse than people from other countries.
'Worse' is subjective. I work in a hospital full of doctors from India the men all have this curry musk about them, the women just reek of death... Since I dislike curry, I'd agree that they do indeed smell worse than people from other countries.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KagatobLuvsAnimu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'Worse' is subjective. I work in a hospital full of doctors from India the men all have this curry musk about them, the women just reek of death... Since I dislike curry, I'd agree that they do indeed smell worse than people from other countries.
Ok true, but still if someone said "black people smell worse" that'd be considered bigoted right?

I've worked with plenty of people from India, and they do not all smell like curry. That's the problem with making gross generalizations about people based on their ethnic group: just because you've met two, or ten, or even fifty people of a certain ethnicity doesn't mean that all people of that ethnicity are the same as the people you met.

I feel like an after school special; this shouldn't require explanation in an elf simulator forum.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

BAN THESE PEOPLE
Old 09-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Sarnak

annex Mexico; problem solved
Old 09-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread