Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Banned

Default Tradeskill help: Fishing

I was wondering what sort of ideas or tips you could throw at me on skilling up fishing? What tools do I need? Where should I be fishing at? Fastest way to skill fishing up? Etc. Just any tips or tricks you guys have on the subject, I'm a complete newb to the tradeskill
Old 12-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Kobold

Get a fishing pole and bait and start fishing. Any water where you are not constantly getting error messages is good enough. lots of time spent is the only way to skill it up.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

I'd also add: don't drink and fish. In real life the two are a great combo, but since your rate of tradeskill skill-ups is based on the higher of either your Intelligence or Wisdom, and since alcohol lowers those stats, drinking is counter-productive.

Well, drinking in-game at least; drinking in real life while you fish in-game is a great idea [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Banned

Talking

Everquest is the world's awesomest most overly complicated fishing sim ever.

If you want to really get into it, get yourself a tackle box to make your own bait and lures! It also helps to have a gnome tinker you some special supplies to give yourself a little boost. (Or roll a gnome fisherman so you can do it all!). I always keep a bag of these on me.

As for fishing spots, I suggest fishing in Firiona Vie if you want variety in your catches. You can fish up something like 25 different sizes of fish there! Otherwise, the two most important fishing holes to a baker like myself are Dagnor's Cauldron for trout and Lake Rathetear for muskie. Trout can also be fished from Lake of Ill Omen and City of Mist, but Dagnor's has always been my favorite spot.

By the way, I buy premium fish for 5pp each if you happen to fish some up!

Happy angling! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Banned

thanks
Closed Thread